Clock wise flywheel

The magnets are relative to the keyway if you leave the key out, the keyway becomes irrelevant. Then you put the magnet leading edge relative to the leg on the coil with the piston at TDC. Measure where the magnet is now with the piston at TDC, take the key out then copy the measurement in the opposite rotation on the other leg of the coil.

Did you remember to turn your piston around too?

Sundog

The magnets are relative to the keyway if you leave the key out, the keyway becomes irrelevant. Then you put the magnet leading edge relative to the leg on the coil with the piston at TDC. Measure where the magnet is now with the piston at TDC, take the key out then copy the measurement in the opposite rotation on the other leg of the coil.

Did you remember to turn your piston around too?

Sundog
North , South - magnetic poles of the magnets , make no difference ?
I have heard it both ways one it works and one it doesn't .

Mine on the stroker did not use the key way and it did not run well that way. Brainstorm I put a clockwise rotor on Without the key way and bingo all was well my work was done later Chuck.

I could never make that work properly. The North-South end of the magnets are reversed and I’m thinking it does matter. My advise would be to get the correct flywheel.

The old straight shafts we had cut both ways, always worked.......
I know this thread is dead but I want to clarify what you said for the archives. Yes it worked but that’s because the rotor wasn’t tapered. The crank was straight where the rotor mounted so that when you changed rotation you put it back on so that the leading magnet was the same in either rotation. North-South stayed the same. I actually made a taper mount one work by machining a new taper from the back side. It met the original taper in the center and without a key I made it work either rotation.

Back