Clone air filters

I run the cheapies with a foam deal around it and clean and oil them bost and I had 0 and I mean 0 sign of any dirt getting though the filter. Never any dust in the carb or anything. Cylinder walls just normal little scuffs but nothing to be concerned about. I will say though the cheapies don't last as long as K and N when you wash them after every race. I run the cheapies for a season and chuck them. I get mine for like 14 a piece.

I run the cheapies with a foam deal around it and clean and oil them bost and I had 0 and I mean 0 sign of any dirt getting though the filter. Never any dust in the carb or anything. Cylinder walls just normal little scuffs but nothing to be concerned about. I will say though the cheapies don't last as long as K and N when you wash them after every race. I run the cheapies for a season and chuck them. I get mine for like 14 a piece.
K&N‘s we’re $35 each, this will be their 7th season.

K&N and an outerwear. You will be surprised how much nicer your engines look upon tear down. They weren’t built with dirt in em… keep it out they last a long time with just regular oil changes.

I use foamies, only oil the filter though and we run some dust bowls where you can’t even see the karts in the corners

that’s every Sunday for me !! Dust bowl city
D1DF3F08-4C33-4434-9923-02597B033E2C.jpeg

I’ve been running a cheap K&N knock-off, and there is some dust in my carb, granted I have not been using air filter oil, and been in fairly dusty conditions. I’ve also noticed that the inside of the filter has some disintegrated rubber or something flacking off. Overall not super impressed with the quality, but for less than $10 it’s hard to complain, I might give K&N a look next time though.

The biggest thing with these air filters, regardless of brand, is to maintain them. You have to clean and oil k&n and cheapies in order for them to do their job. I've been using the same cheapies for my 3rd season. clean and oil after every race and use a pre-filter to block out the extra large chunks that seems to be thrown at the filters.

I’ve been running a cheap K&N knock-off, and there is some dust in my carb, granted I have not been using air filter oil, and been in fairly dusty conditions. I’ve also noticed that the inside of the filter has some disintegrated rubber or something flacking off. Overall not super impressed with the quality, but for less than $10 it’s hard to complain, I might give K&N a look next time though.
You are a builder (or so your name implies) and use cheap air filters with NO oil on a filter that absolutely requires oil to work? :unsure:

that’s every Sunday for me !! Dust bowl city View attachment 21672
Slippery Rock? Back in like 2011 set up a kuas race there. They wanted to make it a great show and really watered the track. Sent the purple plate to start running track in and all 3 or 4 bottomed out and spun mud lol.

Great track great people. Really hated that it happened

I hated that year we spent in first year rookie running the track in… I took softball sized balls of mud outta the chassis only to have it be dust in two classes after that

Back