Clone bilit Flywheel

Im looking for a used bilit steel flywheel for a clone. I had a local 14 year old come to me today looking for a used clone fly wheel, Him and his Family don't have much money and he is in need of a Bilit Steel flywheel or he wont be able to race do the the rules. He actually only has 20 to spend and I don't have a extra one to give him or lone to him. I told him prob be hard to find one that cheap but that I would try so if you have one laying around please let me know how much you are willing to sell it for.
Thanks in advance

Great jesture, but if he cant afford one of the cheapest parts in racing, how is he able to afford travel to and from the track and entry fee's?

Yeah, I know folks who...

Great jesture, but if he cant afford one of the cheapest parts in racing, how is he able to afford travel to and from the track and entry fee's?

...are REAL giving and kind - too kind sometimes.

Often times they help good people and sometimes they are the victim of clever folks.

There are a lot of good people in this world. There are a lot of clever people in this world.

...are REAL giving and kind - too kind sometimes.

Often times they help good people and sometimes they are the victim of clever folks.

There are a lot of good people in this world. There are a lot of clever people in this world.

The young man raced back yard last year and wants to try the bigger tracks this year. His Mom is disabled and his Dad works but they have hit some hard times recently. As for entry fees not something I rally asked. As for getting to and from he lives near 3 tracks Less then 5 miles. His Dad usually takes him but Im sure if he needed a ride Id be glade to take him with us. 1 of the tracks is only 10.00 the other 15.00 The back yards don't care if you have stock flywheel but the bigger ones require it as AKRA rules. He didnt ask for a hand out just asked if I had one he could afford (20.00) but I do not have a extra one so I told him I would try to find him one at a price close to what he can afford. I fully understand the situation his family is in and found great deals on here my self and wanted to see if there is some one on here who has one of the bilit steel ones laying around that they had no intention on ever using again and willing to sell it cheap. I dont think that some one looking to scam or be clever would ask for a bilit steel one Id think they would be asking for a ARC alum are some thing. And I know the boy will be very appreciative and thank full I am more then willing to pay the shipping. and Im sure he is more then willing to give the money he has for the part, I am glad that there are people on this site who care about the younger generation and are willing to give there left overs at a reasonable price to help the younger generation. Sorry if this comes across rude or snotty. Just felt like a slap in the face with a few of the comments.
Id like to say a big thanks to Stunner Racing Engines for going above and beyond.

The young man raced back yard last year and wants to try the bigger tracks this year. His Mom is disabled and his Dad works but they have hit some hard times recently. As for entry fees not something I rally asked. As for getting to and from he lives near 3 tracks Less then 5 miles. His Dad usually takes him but Im sure if he needed a ride Id be glade to take him with us. 1 of the tracks is only 10.00 the other 15.00 The back yards don't care if you have stock flywheel but the bigger ones require it as AKRA rules. He didnt ask for a hand out just asked if I had one he could afford (20.00) but I do not have a extra one so I told him I would try to find him one at a price close to what he can afford. I fully understand the situation his family is in and found great deals on here my self and wanted to see if there is some one on here who has one of the bilit steel ones laying around that they had no intention on ever using again and willing to sell it cheap. I dont think that some one looking to scam or be clever would ask for a bilit steel one Id think they would be asking for a ARC alum are some thing. And I know the boy will be very appreciative and thank full I am more then willing to pay the shipping. and Im sure he is more then willing to give the money he has for the part, I am glad that there are people on this site who care about the younger generation and are willing to give there left overs at a reasonable price to help the younger generation. Sorry if this comes across rude or snotty. Just felt like a slap in the face with a few of the comments.
Id like to say a big thanks to Stunner Racing Engines for going above and beyond.
I helped put a few karts together and we gave them to kid's, and after the last one I wont ever do it again.
Give a kid a kart, parents cant afford to take and support them racing, parents sell kart, the child would of been better off to want to race than race a couple of times then jerk it out from under them.
I still say if they cant afford one of the cheapest parts in racing, maybe they should try something else

I understand we have hard times for many people but I also think not being able to race is not a huge tragedy. There are more important needs IMO. I would be more concerned if someone would be asking help to buy food for example. Still very nice from those helping. JMO

Id like to thank Stunner Racing Engines for his generosity, I will be dropping the flywheel of to Paul to day to be installed on the boys motor.

I helped put a few karts together and we gave them to kid's, and after the last one I wont ever do it again.
Give a kid a kart, parents cant afford to take and support them racing, parents sell kart, the child would of been better off to want to race than race a couple of times then jerk it out from under them.
I still say if they cant afford one of the cheapest parts in racing, maybe they should try something else

Why do you feel the need to be a butt all the time. Does it make you feel better to gain the spot light at your look at me story? This sport is hurting enough numbers wise and then you have to chime in on a kind gesture and bring it down. Grump!

I am very greatful to have new equipment, and little kids come buy and check out the "cool graphics" " cool kart" as they say. It puts a huge smile on my face because with the messed up world we live in today kids don't get the chance to have things and its not there fault. The kid had $20 and was looking to buy one I'm sure he hasn't been on jc specialty checking out prices. And if you would of helped me be able to race when I was 14 I would of drove the damn kart to the races! And I would of collected pop cans every day of the week to go racing (I do still do that but beer cans now) so please help the kid out or just keep ur mouth shut. Ur experience was not ruined bye that kid you gave the kart to ,it was his parents!You ever thought about the nights that kid layed in bed crying because his parents sold his go kart and he will never be able to have one again, I'm sure you haven't because you probably where fed with a silver spoon. Anyways just frustrates me sorry, if the kid needs some hubs or other stuff let me know I have a lot of stuff laying around.

Why do you feel the need to be a butt all the time. Does it make you feel better to gain the spot light at your look at me story? This sport is hurting enough numbers wise and then you have to chime in on a kind gesture and bring it down. Grump!

Racing is expensive, truth is if you cant afford one of the cheapest parts on the kart then you have no business racing.
You will spend more for one weekend than what the flywheel cost's.
I seen a kid really broken hearted because he got to race for 2 weekends then his parents couldnt afford to do it anymore so they sold the kart.
Sorry I think the kid would of been better off to of wanted to race, and then over time forgot about it and moved on, and with this situation, I bet we check back in and they wont be racing anymore
It may be a kid trying to buy the flywheel, but its still the parents that have to foot the bill.
It will cost someone to pay to bring the kart to the track, and pay gate fee's and race fee's.
Really Petersracing? at 60 cents a pound for cans he would have to pick up over 100 pounds a week, but im sure he could skip school to do so, or his dad could get a second job to help pay for it.
Fed with a silver spoon? not hardly I quit school at 16 and supported myself, my trade has afforded me to give my kids things I didnt have, and trust me there is more to life than racing
I have been a member of this site since 1998, and I built and ran one of the nations premier kart tracks in its day, and I seen plenty of racers that wanted to race, and did race but in the end the cost was too much for them, just as I have seen thousands come and go from this site for the same reason.
Now if you race a back yard track and use one set of tires for 2 years on a 20 year old chassis, you might last a couple of years, but trust me even at the backyard someone is going to out spend you and force you to spend more to compete or get use to running in the back, then that "FUN" wears off and and your stuff goes on craigs list.

I wasn't gonna comment on this but...some of you are coming off as some real a$$holes! It's for a kid not some young adult that's too lazy to work! Have you guys ever heard of charity? Or giving back?

To those that are helping this young boy I say good for you!

I wasn't gonna comment on this but...some of you are coming off as some real a$$holes! It's for a kid not some young adult that's too lazy to work! Have you guys ever heard of charity? Or giving back?

if its a young kid why isnt his parents helping him buy it?
I have no problem giving to kids, but a kid has to have a parent involved dont they?, if the parent cant afford to buy the flywheel then they wont be able to pay for the other costs involved in racing, sorry im a realist

I wasn't gonna comment on this but...some of you are coming off as some real a$$holes! Have you guys ever heard of charity. Or giving back?

Great job guys ! :eek: This is a good thing you are doing.

Racing is expensive, truth is if you cant afford one of the cheapest parts on the kart then you have no business racing.
You will spend more for one weekend than what the flywheel cost's.
I seen a kid really broken hearted because he got to race for 2 weekends then his parents couldnt afford to do it anymore so they sold the kart.
Sorry I think the kid would of been better off to of wanted to race, and then over time forgot about it and moved on, and with this situation, I bet we check back in and they wont be racing anymore
It may be a kid trying to buy the flywheel, but its still the parents that have to foot the bill.
It will cost someone to pay to bring the kart to the track, and pay gate fee's and race fee's.
Really Petersracing? at 60 cents a pound for cans he would have to pick up over 100 pounds a week, but im sure he could skip school to do so, or his dad could get a second job to help pay for it.
Fed with a silver spoon? not hardly I quit school at 16 and supported myself, my trade has afforded me to give my kids things I didnt have, and trust me there is more to life than racing
I have been a member of this site since 1998, and I built and ran one of the nations premier kart tracks in its day, and I seen plenty of racers that wanted to race, and did race but in the end the cost was too much for them, just as I have seen thousands come and go from this site for the same reason.
Now if you race a back yard track and use one set of tires for 2 years on a 20 year old chassis, you might last a couple of years, but trust me even at the backyard someone is going to out spend you and force you to spend more to compete or get use to running in the back, then that "FUN" wears off and and your stuff goes on craigs list.

There you go tooting your own horn again... They are giving a kid a chance. Maybe it will do some good maybe not but who are you to rain on their good deed. Racing karts is as expensive as you want to make it. Old tires, worn frames, and tired motors win all the time on sat night.

Back