Clone Blue Plate Class

Scavenger

I have a couple of quick questions for some of you experts out there. I have 3 boys that will be running in the clone blue plate class in an upcoming winter series. It’s still a few months out but I’m trying to get all my ducks in a row. Full disclosure, I’ve been racing since ‘93 but I have never raced a restrictor plate engine in my life. I usually run in the modified classes on methanol but now my sons want to get into it and I’m trying to get them set up. I I know all of this is So here are my questions.
1. jetting... what size? I’m guessing a .038?? I have no idea on Pump gas.
2. Headers... header / muffler combos?
3. Clutches... I bought a stinger clutch with the orange springs for the one of my sons and he has ran a handful of races on it in the jr predator class. I just wanted to look over but I’m not 100% sold on it yet. One of the others is running a max torque and it seems to be ok and the third is running an old Noram, circa ‘99. Lol
Anyway, like I said blue plate is way different than what I’m used to running and I want them to be competitive so I just wanted to get some thoughts.

Call Melvin at Dover Power on the jetting size. We run the Dover enforcer weenie pipe with RLV muffler. Bully 2 disk with springs set for 3200 rpm. You can always go with a Vortex with silver springs.

On a clone for indoors , get them on good 2 disc clutches unless the rules don't allow it . For some reason , the indoor winter races seem to have a ton of cautions , and the disc's will out perform the drum clutch's . Picking Melvin's brain at Dover is a good idea for sure . There are several people on here that may chime in as well . Good Luck !

Think of a blue plate as basically unrestricted. We find our motors are jetted about the same as all of the unrestricted motors the rest of our team runs. We do like the pilot or low speed jet a size or two richer to help get better throttle response and pull from a start.

Thanks guys. I do have an old Horstman MDC, two disk Stock clutch from the early 2000’s I can put on one of them and try. I guess since I’ll have 3 of them running the same class I’ll be able to get a few different combos to experiment with. I appreciate everyone’s feedback.

Mdc works good . Discs are not easy to .find .
Add a bully drum your set .
Used baskets are around .
I have several old MDC drums with different driver gears, pretty much from 13 to 18 tooth with a few redundant sizes. Are you saying that a bully drum will fit an old MDC style clutch?

Back