clone cam ID

mattf76

I bought a blue clone in a buy out and I was wondering if anyone may be able to help identify the cam that is in it.. The compression release has been removed, and it looks like one lobe has been heat treated. it very well could be stock but it has two numbers on the gear. one is 904024, and the other is L XL 90206 Z. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Matt

The numbers arent for id of the cam, the only way to tell the actual lift and duration of the cam you have is to use a degree wheel with the engine installed to check the duration, and check the lift at the valve retainer

I just notiiced that i put to use a degree wheel with engine installed, when i meant with the cam installed in the engine. Sorry if i confused anyone

I knew what was meant. haha. I typically profile them with degree wheel to see what cam it may be. This was apart and I was hoping I didnt have to mock it back up in the event some of the aftermarket cam grinders may possibly number them. Not a problem. Ill check it out or for the price just put a new one in that I know works.
Thanks,
Matt

Back