Clone Cam Info and Help

mikey56

when we pulled my sons engine apart because we lost the side cover bolts, we found a lobe on the 356 cam was cracked....just a very small line right where it would have been welded and then cut down. maybe it's still good, maybe not....don't want to risk a new motor. so I went to my local kart shop and he didn't have a 356, but he had a brand new cam (still wrapped and bagged) in a box.

the box was plain....I mean white paper box with nothing on it but "CS" stamped on one end. we know that it's a precision cam, but I can't find anything to help ID this cam and the specs. he thinks it's a precision ground open, but he's not sure. I looked on the precision cam web site, but it didn't show any open cam specs.

is there anyone out there that knows anything about a precision cam using the letters "CS" on the box? and if you do, do you know what the specs are?

want to get this cam Monday if I can find specs (precision is closed weekends, imagine that!!), otherwise i'm going to have to order me a new one!!

tanks and airplanes in advance..........

I agree with DLR, CS usually stands for cheater stock when your referring to cams for these 4cycle engines. It is a good cam from what IV heard but I haven't used one personally. Use it and put some ratio rockers in the engine with that came, should give you a good bit of lift, .344" at the valve with 1.3 rockers, which would be close to the 356 you already had but with different centerlines and also increases the duration some too I believe.

What Weddle say's is a good idea IF you already have 1.3 rockers, but sounds like an expensive 'fix' if you don't! However (if you do) you best 're-check' the valve-to-piston clearance! JMO

stock ratio rockers (actually champion rockers) and using 5.175 chrome moly push rods on a highly modified head is what we currently run....so changing to a cheater stock cam with ratio rockers would be a cost....

Back