clone cam timing events

cbr6577

I understand center lines are checked .050 from max lift , the question I have is the cam timing specs such as openings and closings on a dyno cams, are they advertised for at the valve or off the push rod? this is the profile for the cl-3
IntakeExhaust
Open:29.15 BTDC65.95 BBDC
Close:75.58 ABDC41.55 ATDC
Lift:.2245".231"
C/L:114.0 ATDC103.5 BTDC
DUR @ 50:220.5 Deg223.5 Deg
DUR @ 200:82.1 Deg92.95 Deg

Where did you get these numbers? and how are you supposed to measure degrees to 2 decimal places I believe the numbers are from .050 open to .050 before closing, and off the push rod.

They are from their website. As far as the decimals I would think was from cam doctor reading. I was wandering if the openings and closings are at the valve or pushrod and at .001 or .050. The durations at .050 make sense but the openings and closings do not.

If you are working off the pushrod zero the degree wheel and zero the dial indicator at tdc. Roll the engine until the dial indicator reads .003. read the degree wheel. That number should match the card if the gear on the crank is correct.

Only the opening number on the card. I use that method along with the centerline to determine what cam it might be. If the centerline is off the opening number at .003 will be off. I have done so many that I can identify most cams even if they are off somewhat

Back