Clone carb problems.

Jmmarkert

Have a hm3. That i put in a red restrictor kit in . But it seems to be way rich. 25 Idlejet, a40 main .but won't idle and black smoke out pipe .When revved up. Also hard to start, have to chock,then grab gas pedal. I'm new to this small eng stuff.

HM3 carb is for Unrestricted Stock class.. Changing just jets won't do very well...
The correct carb would be marked HM-Rest-Jr1
It will still be very rich on bottom end / idle but would clear out at wide open throttle...
Being you mentioned Red Plate class,, are you under a gear rule situation??

With all this said it would be best to call Melvin at our shop (Dover Power) and he can ask you all the questions and hopefully help you with your problem.. JD

HM3 carb is for Unrestricted Stock class.. Changing just jets won't do very well...
It will still be very rich on bottom end / idle but would clear out at wide open throttle...

With all this said it would be best to call Melvin at our shop (Dover Power) and he can ask you all the questions and hopefully help you with your problem.. JD
Thanks

no gear rule. Just restrictor. Thanks I'll give him a call.

Back