Clone Clutch Suggestions

Latent

Hey guys,

I added some info about my engine build so hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction as to which clutch would be the best for my application.

My current build
predator 212cc
rtc-6 cylinder head with 27mm intake 25mm exhaust valves
stock automotive style retainers
26lb valve springs with .060 shims on intake and exhaust sides
stock rods
stock rockers
billet rod +.020"
hemi flat top piston
.010" head gasket
ngk spark plug
billet flywheel 32 degree timing
black mamba senior camshaft
Mikuni 22mm with 115 main jet 15 pilot jet
header

As you can see I am running the black mamba senior camshaft, and with this build it really starts ripping at around 3600rpm+. Power band is from 4000-8000 rpm.

Main jet/pilot jet is dialed in, and I have seen 55mph on my build. Engine kept winding up, and I let off before the engine came to its max rpm. My guess is it can hit 8000 rpm or higher.

Current gearing
12t clutch 59t rear 13" tires (mini bike)

I'm looking for recommendations for a clutch set up with anywhere from 3000-3600 engagement. Would like for the clutch to be adjustable, and reliable. Appreciate any advice, thank you guys.

What type machine will it power ?
Is durability a concern ?
It will power a mini bike with 13" tires. Durability is a concern. Was looking at hilliard flame clutches with bully conversion, noram stinger, noram cheetah..., but wanted to see what suggestions you guys had before making a decision. I will be running on street only, and tires are slicks front/back.

Street riding is a bad idea .
The hillard fury , no need for a conversion , just use hillard drivers .

8000 RPM would be right at 63 mph. That's what it calculates out to be, tire slip, tire growth, clutch slip all could alter that some.
Clutch stall RPM should be at the engines peak torque RPM. That will give you maximum HP at the axle while the clutch is slipping.
Assuming those jet numbers are metric, I calculate the low-speed jet is something like 70% more area than the high-speed jet. Is that what you're looking for?
What's the compression ratio? What fuel do you plan to run?

8000 RPM would be right at 63 mph. That's what it calculates out to be, tire slip, tire growth, clutch slip all could alter that some.
Clutch stall RPM should be at the engines peak torque RPM. That will give you maximum HP at the axle while the clutch is slipping.
Assuming those jet numbers are metric, I calculate the low-speed jet is something like 70% more area than the high-speed jet. Is that what you're looking for?
What's the compression ratio? What fuel do you plan to run?
Alvin
You've missed his question. He's asking about a durable clutch for his setup.
As far as a clutch recommendation, I personally would stay away from a shoe clutch. I would go with maybe a two or three disk vortex. They're very easy to setup and maintain.

[black mamba senior camshaft
Mikuni 22mm with 115 main jet 15 pilot jet
header]
The stated 15 pilot jet could be 1.5 mm or .015 inches or even something else hard too say .

Back