Clone Engine Oil

racinrays

I will be running clone engines on dirt. I have 3 gallons of Thor oil from when I purchased a package deal and I already had a quart of FHS oil that I bought in California but never used any of it. What are your thoughts on mixing them, if yes to mixing how much FHS would you use in relation to the Thor? All inputs welcome.

Not only don't mix them, but you'll want to wash out your crank case with mineral spirits when changing from one to the other.

Do not mix them, Thor is a great oil but it does not mix with any other oil out there, it will cause problems. Flush the case good before putting Thor in it. Thor is what i use in the AKRA clones, works very well, just keep it changed often and your good to go., Use the FHS in your modified or open if you have one

We run FHS in all our clones/animals. Cyclone medium in the animals and mods, and hurricane lite in the stock clones. Made a full lap with no oil at mid Ohio and no damage to the crank or rod. I'm a believer.

FHS is one of the best oils made for karting, they make most engine builders oil. don't mix them but I wouldn't go crazy in cleaning out the engine with mineral spirits. The oil is made from a similar base as thor. Mixing a full synthetic such as 4T id be careful with, going back and forth the oil will sludge up.

Thank you for all the input. All points are well taken into consideration and I will not be mixing. Again, I thank all that provided me with this well needed wisdom.

Thor oil is good oil just be sure to change it after the race cause if you let the oil just sit after the race it will draw water into the moter

Back