Clone engine rules for 2014

jhawk

Can someone explain to me how we are going to be able to run different tracks and be certain we are using the correct rules in 2014.

Dont take my advise ..............Cheat until someone protest you , not saying anyone is cheating ....Only saying this is what i would do when in doubt .......Have fun pal .................

That is not good advice, telling someone to willingly cheat until protested. What happened to spirit and intent? Blatantly cheating like your suggesting is usually obvious at a track, when one kart pulls everybody else on every start, restart, and wins every race

Dont take my advise ..............Cheat until someone protest you , not saying anyone is cheating ....Only saying this is what i would do when in doubt .......Have fun pal .................
"When in doubt" cheat! That's the problem we have with this country! Bozos bragging about cheating as though its a badge of honor. I guess stealing and lying are okay in this guys book also as long as he doesn't get caught. Good luck with your approach. What a dumb thing to say. Not even smart enough to keep that to yourself.

Hoppy

grandpa

grampee,didn"t anyone ever tell you "cheaters never win"

Can someone explain to me how we are going to be able to run different tracks and be certain we are using the correct rules in 2014.

I know I may catch the dickens over this but. Run an animal don't have to worry about the rules changing as much. Jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
Which is correct NKA 15.8A Crankshaft: Standard OEM item with stock stroke length
of 54mm or 2.126” (+/-.005”). Or AKRA Max stroke is 2.123 +.010" or -.010 ?? Can Max stroke be 2.131 or 2.133 ??

Ok people, I'am sorry I did not mean cheating cheating the way yall looking at it, what I ment is with all the different rules and all the playing around with these Chinese Clone motors, run what ever you have until someone protest you . Or like someone says run an Animal without any problem ......Sorry
These Clone motor is getting out of control .......?

Clones , clones all I see is CLONESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. But the best part is watching them blowup expecially on the new karting dads that race them wild open on the kart stand while a few are watching in shock making bets on how long before it goes BOOMS

Lake,

All good. Nice to see you clarify that. More important you took responsibility and corrected yourself. We got young people reading all this stuff...Have a Great holiday...

Hoppy
Ok people, I'am sorry I did not mean cheating cheating the way yall looking at it, what I ment is with all the different rules and all the playing around with these Chinese Clone motors, run what ever you have until someone protest you . Or like someone says run an Animal without any problem ......Sorry
These Clone motor is getting out of control .......?

Which is correct NKA 15.8A Crankshaft: Standard OEM item with stock stroke length
of 54mm or 2.126” (+/-.005”). Or AKRA Max stroke is 2.123 +.010" or -.010 ?? Can Max stroke be 2.131 or 2.133 ??

There is no OR. 2.131 is MAX stroke per NKA rules. 2.133 is MAX stroke for AKRA rules. I've seen two engines thrown out of tech in the state series for .002 over on stroke. Best know which configuration to run at whatever track you are going to. I think i'm going to implement a decleration system in tech this year since the two rule sets are so similar. Kinda like the old FH days when you declared if you were running IKF or WKA when you went in the tech shed. Many people run AKRA but, many folks in our state run under the NKA rules also because of the different series running. I'm finding it hard to force people to just pick one. Too easy to just tech either/or.

I apologize for putting in OR. just wanted to know which tracks will run which rules .There have been a lot of 2.133 max stroke cranks sold.
There is no OR. 2.131 is MAX stroke per NKA rules. 2.133 is MAX stroke for AKRA rules. I've seen two engines thrown out of tech in the state series for .002 over on stroke. Best know which configuration to run at whatever track you are going to. I think i'm going to implement a decleration system in tech this year since the two rule sets are so similar. Kinda like the old FH days when you declared if you were running IKF or WKA when you went in the tech shed. Many people run AKRA but, many folks in our state run under the NKA rules also because of the different series running. I'm finding it hard to force people to just pick one. Too easy to just tech either/or.

There will also be a difference with the cylinder head

From a tech stand point I wish AKRA would do the same thing. Much easier to tech and less tedious. I think the two rule sets are close enough in dyno stats that most would agree that it still comes down to set up, tires and driving. I've been contemplating the deceleration thing the whole off season. I have yet to find anything that would suggest it not be acceptable. I knkw we have many people at our local tracks that never run in any of our state series races. 99% of these people run under AKRA rules. Then we have some of our locals that do follow some sort of series. These people run NKA rules for the most part. I guess I'm just finding it hard to make somebody change up what they have been doing in order to run with our local tracks when both can easily be etched.

That is not good advice, telling someone to willingly cheat until protested. What happened to spirit and intent? Blatantly cheating like your suggesting is usually obvious at a track, when one kart pulls everybody else on every start, restart, and wins every race

No. But It Was Funny.

Back