Clone fuel problems

Racer 813

I have a problem with fuel not staying in the fuel line from tank to the pump,you can see the fuel draining back to the tank and a lot of air pockets,raplaced fuel pump,filter is on the frame rail and it pulses from crankcase,you can fill the line by blowing in the tank,motor runs good for about 6 laps and starts loosing fuel when back to the pits the fuel lines are empty any ideas? thanks

must be an air leak. Blow into tank with fuel line un hooked put your thumb over line if it stays you are good up too there.
then connect to pump repeat, only now seal off output side of pump , if it drains back its the pump or line seal to pump.

defintely sounds like an air leak somewhere. i use wire twisted tight at all connection points and this eliminated the same problem for me. the place that was the big problem area was where the fuel line connects to the carb.

spin

definitely use wire instead of zip ties and twist tight with pliers. there is a specialty tool, pliers that twist the wire for you, search any of the kart shops on here for it. i also replace the fuel lines a couple times a season. something in the gas makes them get brittle quickly in my experience.

spin

I have used zip ties for many years never ever had a issue with leaks. did you try new fuel line could have a pin hole somewhere.
Another thing the carb has a smaller end then 1/4 inch I use a piece of smaller hose in my 1/4 inch line so it fits tighter on carb barb.

i had that problem with tye straps & went to the squeeze clamps like on lawn mowers , they clamp all the way round the hose the tye straps dont .

Back