Clone has no bottom or mid range power

So i am a budget racer, I have a p&p adult clone that I rebuilt with a dover rebuild kit and had only had 15 to 20 minites of stand time on the engine. Went to first race this past weekend and it has no low end or mid range pull but once it got spinning it kept up ok, am I not through the break in? Or do I need to look at my carb? There wasn't anything in the rebuild that was loose tolerance. Ring gap around .030.. proper lash.. at first I thought I was blowing through the clutch.. but I changed clutches at the track.. HELP

^^^^ this . breakin is over at this point .
unless the rod is seizing.
flywheel slipping or a carb issue .

Ring gap around .030.--------
that could be .. 020 or . 040 .
Its plenty . Thats true , still should not make a power issue .

Last edited:
cam and flywheel timing are unchanged from last season.. its an arc flywheel, i did put a new coil on because the old plug lead was split in a few spots.. as far as rod siezing i dont have any shavings in the oil that i can tell and it most deffinatly had way more grunt last season, hell my mini bike with an old flatty pulls harder than it did saturday.. lost 4 spots on the start

I don't know what cam is in it or any specifics I just did piston, rings and valve train. Same cam, same timing as I never took flywheel off then do we lots come with a carb rebuild kit and I did that as well, I did try to read the plug after practice and it showed lean..

might want to double check your low side fuel delivery in your carb. We have found that too small on your low jet or getting some crap in your carb will kill it on low end. Just a thought. Hope it helps.
Kent

might want to double check your low side fuel delivery in your carb. We have found that too small on your low jet or getting some crap in your carb will kill it on low end. Just a thought. Hope it helps.
Kent
I'm obviously new to the clone, and rebuilding one. What exactly do you mean by the low side.. this would be the fuel port on the head side of the carb correct.. does this include the adjustable needle on the back side of the carb? the new emulsion tube did have a different drill pattern then the previous one, I just assumed the extra holes were going to richen things further.

more holes I believe is leaner .
The low speed jet under the idle screw Little black oblong plastic thing .spray with wd to wash any debris away and lubricate take idle screw out .
twist and pull the jet out .

Back