Clone heads

I love my 3D seat cutter stuff, but some days I kick it old school on my own personal stuff just for kicks.
20200525_133127.jpg

Pardon the questions, Brian. You've got me curious.
Did this technique start in karting with the Rudy Wade valve jobs in his Stealth combo's? IIRC, his valve jobs were what first drew attention to his motors in tech.

I'm not really up to date with the OHV kart motors. I've heard a lot of stuff in conversations, but haven't seen much of it first hand.

The 3D looks faster, but the neway seems more controllable. If that is a word. Can you show some examples of the 3D? With the valve out and in. ?? I am still using stones, but I want to upgrade soon. This is the first I have seen the 3D. We dont do valve jobs in automotive repair now days so these engines are the only ones I get to do and valve work on. Sucks because the cutter for the valve face is outside in a junk pile in the rain. :(

The auto shop guy who has done valve jobs for me (before there was a stealth head)
uses this on all his valve jobs. Car and Kart.
It runs in his BridgePort Mill. One pass and all 3angles are done.

Pardon the questions, Brian. You've got me curious.
Did this technique start in karting with the Rudy Wade valve jobs in his Stealth combo's? IIRC, his valve jobs were what first drew attention to his motors in tech.

I'm not really up to date with the OHV kart motors. I've heard a lot of stuff in conversations, but haven't seen much of it first hand.
No issues on the questions. I was exposed to this system in the automotive world and never really thought about it for the kart world at first. But after buying several heads from Rudy and others of the like, i could tell right away how the seats were being done. The big give away for me was after buying 6 of the expensive heads from the same place all at the same time and noticing the seats were basically identical on every head as far as the width and location of each angle, and where the 45 landed on the valve, and under magnification how the transition between each angle looked. With the stock legal cams the valve job is where most of the magic happens. The port in my opinion is secondary but still somewhat important, given the fact we are dealing with only .238 intake lift. Gaining the most average flow throughout the lift range of the stock cam is key. The hard part for me was figuring out what cutter blades and setup to use to get the same/similar result. I just continued to purchase good heads while I worked on being able to do them myself.

The 3D looks faster, but the neway seems more controlable. If that is a word. Can you show some examples of the 3D? With the valve out and in. ?? I am still using stones, but I want to upgrade soon. This is the first I have seen the 3D. We dont do valve jobs in automotive repair now days so these engines are the only ones I get to do and valve work on. Sucks because the cutter for the valve face is outside in a junk pile in the rain. :(
Once set, the process is easy to control and is repeatable. As far as pictures, I apologize, but that won't be possible. I hope you can understand my position on this.

Captain flathead.....do you own an air flow bench yet?......have you flow tested all these yet?......and spent months and moths finding the angles that flow best?.....I have......looking at all the angles and seat widths from the cutters shown you will soon find how shockingly bad these flow, they look junk to me......don't be sucked into a toy because it looks so cool.

Id love to see where he posted the specific dimensions of his tools...

Looks to me like just examples and the the picture in the original post is not what he is showing examples of. Just because it flows the best on the bench does not always mean it will make more power.

Captain flathead.....do you own an air flow bench yet?......have you flow tested all these yet?......and spent months and moths finding the angles that flow best?.....I have......looking at all the angles and seat widths from the cutters shown you will soon find how shockingly bad these flow, they look junk to me......don't be sucked into a toy because it looks so cool.
Those were just random blades I showed

Back