Clone help

Weddy21

Built first akra clone. Been running predators. It’s a purple plate motor. Heard turn them 62-6400 with clutch set at around 3100. Just looking for suggestions on if that’s about right

I have no real idea if those numbers are right or not, but it seems that the peak RPM numbers are a little high.
Your clutch should be set to stall at peak torque. I don't care what RPM that is, what ever number you come up with, that's where it should be.
I often speak of the trick where you place a bathroom scale between the front of your kart and a strong wall. Start the engine, warm it up a little, and floor it. Try various clutch adjustments until you get the highest reading on the scale. That's where peak torque is.

We set our clutch a bit lower than that 2600/2800 as far as running rpm goes they will run that high happy if set up right. Ours seems happy @ 5800-6000

Built first akra clone. Been running predators. It’s a purple plate motor. Heard turn them 62-6400 with clutch set at around 3100. Just looking for suggestions on if that’s about right
That's little high 6400 is blue plate, 6000 to 6100 would be closer for purple.

Reactions: K12
set clutch stall at 2800 and shoot for target rpm around 6000-6100. Any more than that your likely just making noise and running out of power.
Matt Field
DMD Performance

Back