Clone jet?

He actually didnt,or hasnt mentioned it. To be honest,I planned to break it in just as always did my yz250 motors,its called the motoman method-break it in exactly how it will be ridden. Hasn't let me down yet.
I just bought a main jet off ebay,was only like 6$...but I cant seem to find any low speed jets. Gotta look at some other places I reckon.
I'm alittle frustrated by this jetting thing,I don't understand why after all the other things hes done to it,it gets shipped across the country with some wacky jetting like this-from what Im gathering,less than stock jetting. Makes no sense. Starting to question the rest of it now.Ohwell,live&learn.

Found them both,.022 L.speed& .038 main at box stock projects site shipped for 7.50! Lol that should fix it. Thanks everyone.

It probably wouldn't hurt it at idle, but lean hurts parts. Too rich also makes things run bad, but at least it doesn't tear up parts.

exactly, and you definately do not want a brand new engine running lean like that, or rich. For break in, i would leave the engine completely stock, and use a .028 main jet with the .017 low jet to break it in. You can drill out the main jet you have now to .028 if you can find a precision drill bit set at a hobby shop, you can usually get them for $10 or less, and they are one thing you will need for sure, you can buy a bunch of stock jets cheap from about any small engine shop and drill them out so that you have all the sizes of jets that you might need later on down the road. My friend is an engine builder locally and he made me a jet kit with sizes .035 thru .039 main jets for the clone, and i bought some stock honda gx200 jets at a local small engine shop and drilled them out myself, and made a jet block to hold them all. You can buy the stock main jets and low speed jets at just about any small engine repair shop, some might even have a scrap pile of old honda engines, you can use the jets from Honda GX 140, 160 and 200 engines, they are all the same, you might find some used at the engine shop that you can drill out yourself.

the .022 and .038 should be about what you need to get it running good if you have a aftermarket pipe and filter on your engine and have the timing advanced. If your carb has a small brass mixture screw on the back of it, screw it all the way in, then back it out about 3 1/2 or 4 turns and adjust it from there. When you start the engine up first time, rev it just a little bit to make sure its not sputtering in the upper rpm range or bogging down when you first rev it, if it does either of those, you will need to adjust the jetting a little. If its hard to start you might be able to put the stock low speed jet back in it, but the .022 should work fine with the .038. Have you tried to start the engine with the jets it came with to see if it would start?

He actually didnt,or hasnt mentioned it. To be honest,I planned to break it in just as always did my yz250 motors,its called the motoman method-break it in exactly how it will be ridden. Hasn't let me down yet.
I just bought a main jet off ebay,was only like 6$...but I cant seem to find any low speed jets. Gotta look at some other places I reckon.
I'm alittle frustrated by this jetting thing,I don't understand why after all the other things hes done to it,it gets shipped across the country with some wacky jetting like this-from what Im gathering,less than stock jetting. Makes no sense. Starting to question the rest of it now.Ohwell,live&learn.
Don't get frustrated yet....the 'party' is just beginning....:) Be patient, you'll get a lot of help here!

The guy I bought the motor from/builder said it is .026& for me to leave it there till I break the motor in,then adjust accordingly. Idk guys,This is my first kart&Im soooo far out in left field right now.lmao
He said the carb has been bored&israce ready,noneed to change anything yet. Whats the worst that can happen running it like this? Smaller jet =Leaner correct?
this is getting really confusing. If your builder is a reputable builder, I'm going to guess he knows what he's doing. If that is true, and I only have what you say to go by, then we must be missing something. 125% difference, between his recommendation, and everybody here, just can't be right.
Something is going on here. I don't know what, but something.

Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.

this is getting really confusing. If your builder is a reputable builder, I'm going to guess he knows what he's doing. If that is true, and I only have what you say to go by, then we must be missing something. 125% difference, between his recommendation, and everybody here, just can't be right.
Something is going on here. I don't know what, but something.

Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
His response was he thought I was putting a stock flywheel,air box&exhaust back on it. He said other than a bored out carb,&the cam-its basically a stock motor,which is why he sent the jetting out the way it is. He said he should have asked more questions before he sent it out,he would have recommended a different setup for what my plans are for it. Its ok tho,its just small jetting. With your guys help,some questions to him,I have some different jets on the way,motor wont be here till sat,same with the flywheel. Its all gonna straighten itself out. I'm just so new to all this,I feel lost. Its coming to me as read here tho.
Now,its not like I have a "builder" near me,I found engine kits on ebay,went to the few guys that seemed to be kart shops,asked questions&this guy was one of the only guys willing to reply to my que s tions. Now I had no idea of the correct questions to be asking is my fualt.lol This guys kart shop seems to be a real kart shop,so seems legit. I just got the kit for super cheap&maybe this is why. Again,Im ok with all of this so far tho,just need direction.

So timing is set&or changed by the key in the flywheel right? So my flywheel says 28deg with straight key,so an offset key advances timing by whatever number the key is? Seems like a dumb question,just making sure.
Is 28 deg stock timing for a bsp196cc? Anybody know?

So timing is set&or changed by the key in the flywheel right? So my flywheel says 28deg with straight key,so an offset key advances timing by whatever number the key is? Seems like a dumb question,just making sure.
Yes! Unless you have a new '2014' F/W frm ARC of which is 32*. If you use a step key (4additional timing)...make sure you install it per the instructions. See PM

His response was he thought I was putting a stock flywheel,air box&exhaust back on it. He said other than a bored out carb,&the cam-its basically a stock motor,which is why he sent the jetting out the way it is. He said he should have asked more questions before he sent it out,he would have recommended a different setup for what my plans are for it. Its ok tho,its just small jetting. With your guys help,some questions to him,I have some different jets on the way,motor wont be here till sat,same with the flywheel. Its all gonna straighten itself out. I'm just so new to all this,I feel lost. Its coming to me as read here tho.
Now,its not like I have a "builder" near me,I found engine kits on ebay,went to the few guys that seemed to be kart shops,asked questions&this guy was one of the only guys willing to reply to my que s tions. Now I had no idea of the correct questions to be asking is my fualt.lol This guys kart shop seems to be a real kart shop,so seems legit. I just got the kit for super cheap&maybe this is why. Again,Im ok with all of this so far tho,just need direction.

Who is the builder or shop, if you dont mind me asking? You can pm it to me if you dont want to post here publicly, im just curious as to whether or not your actually dealing with one of the reputable builders or kart shops that are on this site, or someone who just calls themself a builder and sells kart parts. Even if you were gonna use that engine in pure box stock with the governor, stock flywheel and airbox, stock cam and everything, a .026 jet would still be too lean, these engines all come stock with at least a 28 main jet and .019 low speed jet, every single one i have had has had these jets in it. It seems like the builder had no idea how to build engines, using those jets. I didnt even know a .026 main and .017 low jets existed for these engines honestly.

No, stock timing i believe is 20 or 24* on a stock engine with stock flywheel, i believe its 24*

So it seems that 28* is advanced from stock,so Im gonna start there. Funny tho,Im starting to see that Im getting what I pay for by purchasing some things from Ebay- crazy jetting,and parts house saying 28* is stock timing! The best thing other prices to come from Ebay was one guy told me about this forum!
Soooo glad I found this site!

It would depend upon what the factory cloned, If they cloned a GX200 Honda stock timing would be in the vicinity of 20* BTDC +/-1* if they just happened to have been at this awhile they may have originally cloned the GX160 which was 25*BTDC +/-1*.

Back