Clone money racing

Looks nice but my advice get a tire program for the pro money races. And if your looking to test take it to the world 100 at cross roads motorplex and you'll see what I mean.
I’m working on getting a new set of tires and hopefully will have a couple or more sets for next year, man Florida too far for me to drive lol, unless it’s a big money race and I’m confident my kart is capable of wining, track looks great though.

UPDATE: run my first clone race tonight and I have to say I am very pleased with the Dover clone master engine kit, I ran clone 375 and most of the karts that were running the pro clone class were in this class also and even though I was extremely loose I had no problem power wise wether taking off or down the straights keeping up for the first few laps with the lead pack and made it to fourth out of Eleven but eventually I come off because it (the kart)was getting worse and I started losing a lot of ground to the front pack and started getting passed and was obviously not gonna get better but that was my fault for missing practice and is in no way a reflection of the engine performance, when Dover says these motors can win anywhere at any level with proper tire and kart setup I can say I believe it now and for $644 shipped it’s hard to beat! Now time to invest in some new tires!
Was turning between 6700 ish and just under 7000 depending on how Well/bad I got through the turns.

Last edited:
What chassis are you on? Whats your setup numbers?

Get yourself at least 2 sets of fresh new Maxxis tires and learn to prep internal (rolling). Until you get your tire game down and kart setup perfect, you're wasting your time and money.

What chassis are you on? Whats your setup numbers?

Get yourself at least 2 sets of fresh new Maxxis tires and learn to prep internal (rolling). Until you get your tire game down and kart setup perfect, you're wasting your time and money.
It’s an old shadow dragon that we setup on scales per factory sheets years ago. I don’t remember wha they were. It handles well I just need to get more practice to try different tire pressures, different prep techniques etc. I’ll get there it’ll just take some time And that’s ok with me.

It’s an old shadow dragon that we setup on scales per factory sheets years ago. I don’t remember wha they were. It handles well I just need to get more practice to try different tire pressures, different prep techniques etc. I’ll get there it’ll just take some time And that’s ok with me.
IF you are serious about competing in Pro Clone and money races, you are WAY behind the 8 ball on that antique... sorry to bust your bubble but even with a good tire game and everything else perfect, you are likely to never catch the Pros on new chassis due to several reasons/factors. That is a local show/ Friday night kart at best even if you had 15 sets of tires and prep knowledge.

Race local shows, non Pro races and gain experience! Learn tires and driving and then if you still have the budget and the drive, get on something much newer and get after it!

IF you are serious about competing in Pro Clone and money races, you are WAY behind the 8 ball on that antique... sorry to bust your bubble but even with a good tire game and everything else perfect, you are likely to never catch the Pros on new chassis due to several reasons/factors. That is a local show/ Friday night kart at best even if you had 15 sets of tires and prep knowledge.

Race local shows, non Pro races and gain experience! Learn tires and driving and then if you still have the budget and the drive, get on something much newer and get after it!

I’ll agree with you on one thing and that is I do need a newer chassis, It may take a couple years to get where I want to be but like I’ve said that’s ok, I’m enjoying myself.

Back