Clone motor question!

racerx59m

How many races or runs can you get on a clone motor running light and medium classes before a rebuild?I have 42 runs on it now and no smoke no rattle no problems at all!I do my maintenance and change oil every week and install new springs every 4 races!Still pulls super strong!Just curious about this subject!And yes it has a aluminum billit rod in it!

Leak it down, i think guys are taking the heads off and getting the valves and seats freshened more often that the bottom end. Also depends on the competition you are racing against. If other guys are really serious then you will have to be doing stuff more often

Depends on who built the motor , and what was used in the motor .. I did some R & D . ARC rod was used in 2 engines . One was raced hard and constantly maintained and has over 200 nights of racing , with only valve spring changes . The other is on a kart that does't get run as often , and isn't maintained as well . Both engines are still running , and still pull well . Its been over 4 years on both engines . Only time will tell when they give up . LoL

Id be more concerned about current updates rather than the number of shows. If racing higher caliber of competition you would have a hard time wearing out the engine before it needed updates.

Back