Clone Oil Brands??

Slack2014

I know this can go on for ages, Just looking for some feedback on oil for clones, The track a speedway style all wide open racing adult NKA on gas. I am not opposed to the "good oil" 40 $ gal stuff. Flip side I came from FHS flat head days and we changed it often and that is key with splash systems no issues.

I "hear hot lap, qualify, feature 1 change per day" , If I run a less expensive oil naturally it gets changed more. So cost maybe the same long run but clean oil more often is a good thing in my book.

Let's have a clean fair keyboard match, Let the games begin ! :D

I normally change mine 2x at the track. Thats just me and the way I’ve done it for years with no issues. I’m shure one time a day would be fine as long as your using a good oil

Unless we’re running 2 classes, I don’t change oil at the track. Then again sometimes they don’t give us enough time to change oil while running 2 classes.
Blue Typhoon from Slack.

Change once per race day using Gibbs Driven KRT oil. Its very high quality oil. When running gas you don't need to dump the oil as often as when running methanol because it doesn't contaminate the oil like it did in our flatty days.

top engine builders have told me you can run two classes on 13 oz of oil per night on their own oil which is slightly thicker than water (running gas). Dyno K tends to be a lot of peoples and builders top choice. I hear KRT oil is good but it'll run you near $80 a gallon +shipping FYI if you want to run mobil 1 use 5w20 high milage it has a higher zinc content that's good for our solid tappet lifter system. I personally would trust redline oil as they make the best racing oil I know of. they do have a kart oil but its just a gallon jug of their 5w20 oil.

top engine builders have told me you can run two classes on 13 oz of oil per night on their own oil which is slightly thicker than water (running gas). Dyno K tends to be a lot of peoples and builders top choice. I hear KRT oil is good but it'll run you near $80 a gallon +shipping FYI if you want to run mobil 1 use 5w20 high milage it has a higher zinc content that's good for our solid tappet lifter system. I personally would trust redline oil as they make the best racing oil I know of. they do have a kart oil but its just a gallon jug of their 5w20 oil.

Good information and with weight oil to look for, big fan of the zinc in our motors !

I run Amsoil 4T. Fresh 14oz. of oil for race day dump it after the feature while hot and refill for next race weekend. I also run magnetic drain plugs front and back. This is clone and predator only.

Does anybody else get a bunch of metal shavings in their oil? The problem is not that bad, but I change the oil after every race and I can see little flickers of metal. I just hope I don't have to rebuild the bottom-end.

Your crankshaft endplay is scraping the side off the rod. It will go away after a few changes. Change it frequently until it quits

to update I contacted Mobil 1 and they informed me Mobil 1 ESP X2 is their oil with the highest zinc content @ 950 ppm. As the GIBBS KRT oil is 0w20 and showed HP gains on dynos then I would probably use the same in the ESP X2 Mobil product. I asked Gibbs to offer the oil in Gallon size containers and was informed they are currently working on the packaging graphics and to check back soon.

This stuff

Attachments

• labelf.jpg
    labelf.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 78
  • labelr.jpg
    labelr.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 77
Your crankshaft endplay is scraping the side off the rod. It will go away after a few changes. Change it frequently until it quits
Sweet! Thanks for the info. Yesterday I took the crankcase apart, I did find some scraping on the rod. So I am glad you confirmed my suspicions. (y)

I use redline kart oil it's very good

Back