Clone oil

Power plus is a good oil, cool power is also good, fhs makes a good product. Royal purple, and Thor I have seen excelerated wear

I happen to get to talk to a shell oil engineer or chemist he might have been both... he said any of the Rotella oils would be good... said the loads those oils are designed to carry are greater than anything they would see in a 4 stroke racing kart... I have NOT used it... just happen to ask him at an event... he said he'd be extremely surprised if you'd ever see an oil related failure using it... said he uses it in his built drag and street Harleys anyone here use/tried it? it's cheap

Rotella 15\40 on my dyno makes the same power as any high dollar oil. Got some budget guys and they have less rods issues than the guys who spend big bucks. If you really want to get Slick add 2 to 4 pz of sink additive to your oil change. You can see HP gain Not much on the dyno.

I happen to get to talk to a shell oil engineer or chemist he might have been both... he said any of the Rotella oils would be good... said the loads those oils are designed to carry are greater than anything they would see in a 4 stroke racing kart... I have NOT used it... just happen to ask him at an event... he said he'd be extremely surprised if you'd ever see an oil related failure using it... said he uses it in his built drag and street Harleys anyone here use/tried it? it's cheap

I have used bout anything produced .
Settled on builders oil Dyno k.
Not that the others ever have gave any problems
,62r from fhs was good also.

Rotella 15\40 on my dyno makes the same power as any high dollar oil. Got some budget guys and they have less rods issues than the guys who spend big bucks. If you really want to get Slick add 2 to 4 pz of sink additive to your oil change. You can see HP gain Not much on the dyno.

What is a sink additive?

Think he meant zinc. :) Zastro, you might consider a 5w-20. The 5w part of it only comes into play when the oil and motor are cold, when up to operating temp the oil will have 20w characteristics. And 20w is around the sweet spot for these motors. JMO

Pennzoil 0W20 syn off the shelf will do as good or better than any overpriced karting oil. I like the AMSOIL 4T oil but $15 a quart is insane. I'd rather pay $22 for a gallon of Pennzoil and drain it every race.

Pennzoil 0W20 syn off the shelf will do as good or better than any overpriced karting oil. I like the AMSOIL 4T oil but $15 a quart is insane. I'd rather pay $22 for a gallon of Pennzoil and drain it every race.

That's the stuff you see in the commercials that's made from natural gas feed stock.
A lot of " synthetics " are made for natural gas now and they claim its better more stable oil.
I wonder if this is how they make the Rotella synthetics too?

Commercial link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=62&v=_Lk5HgoyyMs

Back