Clone oil

Bandit1

What type of oil is recommended for clone engines ? Just switching over from flathead. Always ran FHS but with this I wasn’t sure on the weight I should be using.
Thanks

Unlike flatheads nobody checks oil in the clones. Run the hottest oil you can find.
I've always questioned this even in the flatty days. What oils are "hot" do you have to add your own additives or do they make an oil? Does it actually help and do the benefits outweigh the risk? I mean running any kind of highly flammable additive in oil has to kill film strength and protection ability.

it’s just an oxidizer but does “things” when combined with methanol and the right ring package. just pull the cork on the crankcase before heading to the tech barn

I was watching a video the other day of a kart race, 1st place started to put some ground on second place, The video was being recorded by the second place crew member, any how I heard them say man we should have used the rev x tonight. So I was curious what that meant so I googled it. Come to find out its a oil additive. Just thought it was funny . Any insight on rev x? is this what renegade is talking about hot oil

Last edited:
I've always questioned this even in the flatty days. What oils are "hot" do you have to add your own additives or do they make an oil? Does it actually help and do the benefits outweigh the risk? I mean running any kind of highly flammable additive in oil has to kill film strength and protection ability.
If your worried about protection, film strength and longevity. Just put in some Rotella and race. The ones using the additives don't care about any of that. Go or blow, winning is all that matters blast the consequences I'll deal with that later.

I was watching a video the other day of a kart race, 1st place started to put some ground on second place, The video was being recorded by the second place crew member, any how I heard them say man we should have used the rev x tonight. So I was curious what that meant so I googled it. Come to find out its a oil additive. Just thought it was funny . Any insight on rev x? is this what renegade is talking about hot oil
Rev-X is an oil additive that is very popular in the Ford Powerstroke world because of the 6.0 and 7.3 with oil fired injectors. It gets rid of the stiction issues that oil causes which makes the injectors miss fire im not sure what it would do in a kart engine though! Worth looking into for sure, it’s some wicked stuff.

100% with the 2 posts above .
If your in the engine after each big event , its go or blow .
Now stiction is in my mind fricton . Would i use rev-x in a kart engine doubtful. I might if i had a little left over after changine my 6.0 f350 oil .

Rev-X is an oil additive that is very popular in the Ford Powerstroke world because of the 6.0 and 7.3 with oil fired injectors. It gets rid of the stiction issues that oil causes which makes the injectors miss fire im not sure what it would do in a kart engine though! Worth looking into for sure, it’s some wicked stuff.
I used to use Hot shot secret, in my 6.0 was good stuff, I've never thought about adding anything to my oil for kart was just curious what was meant by hot oils. When i heard that comment in the video I thought that might have been it

Back