ggodwin

On a typical refresh what all is done? I’m guessing here

Hone cylinder
Change rings
Change valve springs
Change valve guides
Clean/polish or change valves
Change rod bearings

Are flat top Honda piston legal in AKRA?

Thorough inspection of crank and cam (replace / update as necessary). Replace the rod, piston, and rings. Inspect valves (lap or replace), inspect other components, new springs. New coil and plug. Inspect carb and replace as necessary. Then see what it does on the dyno

Hone cylinder
Change rings
Change valve springs
Change valve guides
Change rod bearings

With the relatively inexpensive cost of new replacement internals for the stock Chinese motors, basically gut the entire motor case, rehone cylinder, recheck clearances and replace everything using best parts/pieces with a good torque wrench and you're back in business, of course there are some "tricks" the average Joe may not be aware of, hence, the benefit of having a reputable/knowledgeable/experienced engine builder do it for you....😉

Hone cylinder
Change rings
Change valve springs
Change valve guides
Change rod bearings

No the Honda piston is not legal , unless your building an S/A or B/P class engine . No Honda pistons are legal in AKRA Box Stock engines .

No the Honda piston is not legal , unless your building an S/A or B/P class engine . No Honda pistons are legal in AKRA Box Stock engines .

I was watching a ARC video on YouTube about piston top clearance and the example motor had a Honda piston. I didn’t think it was legal but the way Jodi talked about it, I figured I’d ask.

With the relatively inexpensive cost of new replacement internals for the stock Chinese motors, basically gut the entire motor case, rehone cylinder, recheck clearances and replace everything using best parts/pieces with a good torque wrench and you're back in business, of course there are some "tricks" the average Joe may not be aware of, hence, the benefit of having a reputable/knowledgeable/experienced engine builder do it for you....😉
Totally agree with this, parts are cheap on these things! Replace everything but the block and crank when refreshing especially if it has 12+ races on it at 6800-7000rpm.

Back