Clone to predator

seems like I remember a guy at my local track telling me he put a clone crank in a predator block. But I don't know for sure if it will really work or not.

Yes, but you will have to run the predator rod, as the big end of the rod journal is larger on a predator. The stroke is longer on the predator as well. I did a Predator with a clone crank (.020 long rod) and it runs great. Not legal in classes though.

So here is my dilemma. I took apart my clone and the cylinder wall was nasty looking. I'm trying to figure out the most economical way to put a motor back together. I have a stock predator (old style) that I could take apart. But it sounds like most of my blue lifan parts will not fit i.e. Cam, arc rod. The other option is to buy a new clone block. I guess the cheap way is to buy a new block???

So here is my dilemma. I took apart my clone and the cylinder wall was nasty looking. I'm trying to figure out the most economical way to put a motor back together. I have a stock predator (old style) that I could take apart. But it sounds like most of my blue lifan parts will not fit i.e. Cam, arc rod. The other option is to buy a new clone block. I guess the cheap way is to buy a new block???

Yes, a block is pretty cheap.

Back