Clone

Kman1771

I had a new clone built. When I start it up it seams like water blowing out of the exhaust. Vent tube seams to also condensate ? Normal ? Any ideas ?

Condensation or gas. I assume it goes away in a few seconds. Hold your hand under the exhaust and smell whether it's water or gas.

That happens every once in a while to me which is why I tell everyone to clean there stuff because I could be at a race and then take the kart home and the kart and motor have condensation and moisture inside the parts and stuff which is why its so important for people to completely take everything apart to clean stuff. Yes I understand this is the motor and you don't take it apart every race obviously but when at home start up for a second and then drain oil and put fresh to avoid moisture in motor and stuff. I always tape off exhaust and intake and any vents I have the moment I start loading my equipment up. But yes this happens to me a lot. Start your car up and let it run and rev it a little and then go look where the exhaust is and then there will be a condensation puddle where the exhaust exits. Mufflers like to do that a lot. Also if you are using choke and start it up it may be a little unburnt fuel but should go away after a second.

C8H18 (octane) when burned, O2 (oxygen) is added to the mixture and a COMPLETE chemical reaction YEILDS ➡️ CO2 ad H2O - one gas and one liquid. When the exhaust heats up it’s not uncommon the water to vaporize. Watch a cold car idle on a cold day. There is a visible water drip from the exhaust. Check your gas. If it was run or even worse sat with an ethanol gas in it clean your carb out good. I take the drain screw out of the fuel bowl before we load karts in the trailer at the end of the night.

Back