Clutch adjustment

Yakattack

If adjusting a 3 disc bully...
Buy adding a longer bolt and washers to lower stall...

What is the norm for engagement for adding 1 washer or 2 washers to lever?

Any idea what the number of washers drop engagement?
Example does one washer added to lever drop 100 rpm, 50 rpm?

Trying to lower 3 disc bully with roller levers... have 1 bolt in each outer hole, black springs set at .240...
it’s coming in at 3500rpm...
But I want it to come in at 3000-3200rpm...

Thx

I would have to switch to plain levers over roller levers...
Usually that would require another actuator plate because of the different grove pattern from roller to plain levers

I’ve heard of people drilling the holes out to accept 1/4” hardware which may gain you a little weight on the lever

I was going to suggest adding 2 washers to each lever to drop it that much.
I assume you already have the black springs backed way out with your current set-up. You can go slightly more than .240," but you would do better to add weights first in my opinion.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

If adjusting a 3 disc bully...
Buy adding a longer bolt and washers to lower stall...

What is the norm for engagement for adding 1 washer or 2 washers to lever?

Any idea what the number of washers drop engagement?
Example does one washer added to lever drop 100 rpm, 50 rpm?

Trying to lower 3 disc bully with roller levers... have 1 bolt in each outer hole, black springs set at .240...
it’s coming in at 3500rpm...
But I want it to come in at 3000-3200rpm...

Thx
Someone post a photo of a guage reading 240

After the thousands of replies I found the spring height on the cheetah, it's 7mm I also realized that you must custom calibrate your height guage as the pointer doesn't contact the retainers in the same place, I found I must calibrate the pointer .090 up inside the barrel and all works good.
Thanks for the help...?

I noticed your spring setting is at .275. Years ago, running a 3 disc Horseman DXL, we could just change the spring height to change the RPM way more than your talking about. Running the KT100 with the 3 hole Can, and then switching to a pipe, we could adjust the clutch with just a spring height adjustment. Is that not possible with a Buller? Is there a reason why this can't be done?

Back