Clutch Break-in

Advenger

Bully Clutch says to break in the new clutch you are to "engage" the clutch and bring the temp up to about 250 let cool and repeat at 50 degree intervals until you reach about 400 degrees. My question is what exactly do they mean by "engage" the clutch? Should it be enough RPM 's to spin the axel and tires while setting on the stand until you reach the temp or setting on the ground with no roll?

Do it on the ground with the driver in the kart. It'll be just enough throttle to move the kart. It's actually pretty hard on the clutch, but does help bed/seat the friction material quicker.
Personally, I'd rather not see a clutch get that hot (at least not that early in it's lifetime.)
Most will just run a few hot lap sessions, then it'll be ready.
When a clutch becomes inconsistent on starts/restarts, then it's time to have it looked at.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Do it on the ground with the driver in the kart. It'll be just enough throttle to move the kart. It's actually pretty hard on the clutch, but does help bed/seat the friction material quicker.
Personally, I'd rather not see a clutch get that hot (at least not that early in it's lifetime.)
When a clutch becomes inconsistent on starts/restarts, then it's time to have it looked at.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
Linden, IN
765-339-4407

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
Thank You.