clutch engagement

I think the question is what is the best RPM for any clutch to engage on a Stock clone ....between 3400 and 3600 RPM,..not a pro you'll get more answers from the pros. soon ......

The clutch should always be set, on any engine, in any class, at the rpm where the engine reaches peak torque. There are no exceptions to this rule.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

So if I am using a Bully set to 4000 rpm, could that hurt the performance of a clone, as far as restarts etc...???

So if I am using a Bully set to 4000 rpm, could that hurt the performance of a clone, as far as restarts etc...???

Why did you set the clutch at 4000rpm ?
Advice of the engine guy ?
The Bully slips a good bit below lockup rpm. I noticed it when we switched from
a shoe clutch to the Bully.
I would set it closer to 3400rpm.

Why did you set the clutch at 4000rpm ?
Advice of the engine guy ?
The Bully slips a good bit below lockup rpm. I noticed it when we switched from
a shoe clutch to the Bully.
I would set it closer to 3400rpm.

Well I have the Bully's for my Flatty's and have been running Flatty's since I started(last fall '13 got my 1st kart).... I just purchased my 1st clone motor(Jimmy River's Racing) and only have the Bully's set at 4000, but that's gonna change.... So if I buy a new clutch for my JRPW clone it should engage at 3400 to 3600???? I bought the engine FRESH from a local kart shop and he had said 3400 to 3600 also but I don't have that clutch set up yet.... Again new to karting so all help appreciated....

Back