Clutch/Gearing for Clone Motor VS Predator

New to clone engines so bare with me...my 11 yr old son is running a 2016 QRC Intermediate Wing Kart with a blue plate clone motor (came with kart so don't know much about it) on a 1/5 mile oval dirt track with very slight banking in curves. Weighs 324 driver & kart; running hooiser treads; & bully clutch. Per the mychron 4, it isn't getting over 5000 RPMs during a race no matter what gearing we have tried. What gearing would you try with the information listed above. I am pulling it to have it sent off to be refreshed now that the season is over but would be grateful for suggestions.

For a 1/5 th mile blue plate clone a 15/59 should be close, provided indeed it's 1/5 th mile and tires are close making good grip, you'll want to target 6400 rpm until you learn the motor what it's sweet spot is, to make rpm driver must be on the throttle and smooth making maximum momentum.

For a 1/5 th mile blue plate clone a 15/59 should be close, provided indeed it's 1/5 th mile and tires are close making good grip, you'll want to target 6400 rpm until you learn the motor what it's sweet spot is, to make rpm driver must be on the throttle and smooth making maximum momentum.
Tire size likely a concern with treads.
I assume RP suggested gearing based on 34 inch right rear.

I have been wrong before.

Tire size likely a concern with treads.
I assume RP suggested gearing based on 34 inch right rear.

I have been wrong before.
12x9x6

Back