Clutch identification help

Yeah sorry about the huge photo. I don't know what happened. I uploaded it just like the other. So, what's it worth? It's in good working condition. I just don't have a need for it as I have to buy a shoe type clutch for my little boy's champ kart to conform to the rules at our track.

That actually looks identical to a jammer ss1 im holding in my hand right now, one of the first ss1's that came out. I thought it looked like it so i went and got the clutch to double check and sure enough it does look identical except mine is a newer one than yours and has SS1 engraved in it between the springs. Yours looks to have a Noram Cheetah or Horstman greased lightning basket on it. Thats definately not an x5, as i have one of those as well, and its not a reaper either because its too old to be a reaper. Its either a jammer or its a greased lightning, the main parts will interchange between those clutches anyways. Send that pic you have to Martinbuilt Clutches or Jammer Clutches on here, one of them could tell you for sure. Im almost positive its a jammer though. I have a noram cheetah basket on my SS1, and that same basket will also fit a skull and bones clutch i have.

Thanks for the help guys. As someone said, it does look like the keyway may have a crack in it. I'm going to put it in the classifieds section for sale and I'll make note of that in the ad. So y'all think about $50?

i wouldnt really try to sell it in that condition, i would give it away if it was me, wouldnt feel right selling something with a crack in the keyway

Um, I've obviously been 100% forthcoming about the crack. I've already sold it now and the buyer is fully aware of the cost to repair, as he and I have discussed. Lets not over analyze something this trivial.

Zach was straight up with me and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again. he made me fully aware of the rack. I have no problem.

i wouldnt really try to sell it in that condition, i would give it away if it was me, wouldnt feel right selling something with a crack in the keyway

What's the difference if he sells it or gives it away? The buyer and seller are on the same page.

Back