clutch identification

RD1970

Bought a box of clutches and I'm trying to identify and see if any of them are worth cleaning up and using. I can only find a name on one of them it says its a max torque clone. I think the one may be a max torque dragging skin. and the others I'm not sure.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230213-103048_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230213-103048_Gallery.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20230213-103043_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230213-103043_Gallery.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20230213-103136_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230213-103136_Gallery.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 14
Bought a box of clutches and I'm trying to identify and see if any of them are worth cleaning up and using. I can only find a name on one of them it says its a max torque clone. I think the one may be a max torque dragging skin. and the others I'm not sure.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230213-103028_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230213-103028_Gallery.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20230213-103025_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230213-103025_Gallery.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 4
Yes max torque , max torque dragon skin is the nine spring .
the two shoe is a noram ge.
wow your awesome that didn't take long at all are they worth cleaning un and using? I thought about throwing them in the blast cabinet to get the rust off?

Noram is practically indestructible.
Dragon skin was a hot shoe clutch even against the rules at some places .
Max torques still used often .
Final use dictates actual worth .
Definitely worth cleaning up .

Noram is practically indestructible.
Dragon skin was a hot shoe clutch even against the rules at some places .
Max torques still used often .
Final use dictates actual worth .
Definitely worth cleaning up .
cool I assume that sandblasting wont hurt them. what one would you go with this will be for open no rules type racing?

The dragon skin or noram .
Problem with noram is you need to have drums to change gears .
Don't blast any fiber type shoes .

The dragon skin or noram .
Problem with noram is you need to have drums to change gears .
Don't blast any fiber type shoes .
ok in that case I'll probably go with the dragging skin in that case. that way I just may have to change the springs and ill only blast the drums not any of the fiber

Take the sprocket out of the drum before you blast and soak the sprocket and oilite bushing in 30 weight oil. CLEAN the sprocket WITH WD-40 BEFORE you soak them in the oil.

Take the sprocket out of the drum before you blast and soak the sprocket and oilite bushing in 30 weight oil. CLEAN the sprocket WITH WD-40 BEFORE you soak them in the oil.
ok I was thinking I should remove them before and keep the sand out of the bushing thank you

It's important for the clutch to engage where you want it to. Make sure, whatever you choose, to be able to get the parts you need to make it do what you need it to do. Thinking different springs.

Back