Clutch problems

Attachments

• 2D785E12-43A8-4E22-B619-1D384D062A1E.jpeg
    2D785E12-43A8-4E22-B619-1D384D062A1E.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 15
As soon as you mentioned hills, I'm sticking with a torque converter.
The jackshaft can get your gear ratio down so it will go up a hill, but it will be dead dog slow on flat ground.
Figure out a way to mount a torque converter and you'll be far better off (and it'll be more fun to ride on different terrain.)

As soon as you mentioned hills, I'm sticking with a torque converter.
The jackshaft can get your gear ratio down so it will go up a hill, but it will be dead dog slow on flat ground.
Figure out a way to mount a torque converter and you'll be far better off (and it'll be more fun to ride on different terrain.)
Thanks for the tip. I’ll see. My problem is space. I already made wheel spacers to get the motor over to the right as far as possible. Had to turn the clutch around with the sprocket on the inside to get it to line up. I’ll check out some pics of torque converters and see if there is any way. Thanks

I make clutches and torque converters for a living. You are wasting your time with the clutch with your application. It will fry the clutch in a very short time. Gear ratio with a 6:1 will not work at all with the tires that big. Get rid of the engine you have and sell it. Go back to a 3/4" crankshaft and you have a lot more options available to you. Send me some pictures of the side of the trike with the clutch on it now.
jim@maxtorque.com

If the crank is 1" shaft, 14T is the smallest you can go. At that point, I think you will need a jackshaft to get the ratio where you want it.
Edit: (after seeing Jim's comment) a torque converter seems like the obvious fix.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
I’m trying to mount a torque converter. The plate is hitting the oil tube.
4BA31CED-1C53-49D1-8DDB-9B4A0B5DA498.jpeg
B6531281-D793-4C2E-9B11-DE6FB7F9CED3.jpeg

I make clutches and torque converters for a living. You are wasting your time with the clutch with your application. It will fry the clutch in a very short time. Gear ratio with a 6:1 will not work at all with the tires that big. Get rid of the engine you have and sell it. Go back to a 3/4" crankshaft and you have a lot more options available to you. Send me some pictures of the side of the trike with the clutch on it now.
jim@maxtorque.com
CC601A3B-BCF6-4721-9B6A-2ED3BBDF5632.jpeg
1F023DF2-445D-468F-AB47-FB95CBF47825.jpeg

Back