Clutch question

krtrcn

I would like to know who besides buller, makes a 3 disk jackshaft clutch.
I'm only asking due to availability.

All my 125 3 disk clutches were Buller or Martinbuilt. Now all I run is Martinbuilt, and my brother runs 4 disc Martinbuilt on his 250.
Contact David Martin at Martinbuilt Clutches, 1-270-442-7391. Been running his rebuilds since the late 90's and when he made his own clutches I swapped to those.

I've had one in the past, and like a dummy I let it go.
I would like to use one if I can find a good deal on a used one.

Idk anyone who has one for sale but there is alot of ppl on here someone should know or have one they might sell or call kevin birky up and get a new one, yea you drop a good coin but it's new

I run a Gator 3 disk from Laukaitus for a 60 HP open two smoker. Wouldn’t run anything else on a two cycle. Birky is also very good, had one on the same engine and it worked great but I wasn’t the original owner so I don’t know how it was set up, which is why I switched to the gator. If I don’t know the specs it’s pointless to own

Get a dry disc clutch on a high power kart and even using a jackshaft get ready to spend plenty of money in maintenence and replacing disks through the season. Put a Birky or an SMC axle clutch and run several seasons without anything replaced other than clutch fluid.

Yes, but that's on low power engines like KT100s. Are you using it on dirt, sprint or enduro? Big difference too.

Team Yellow - My buddy jerry hill has a horstman axle clutch for pretty cheap.
Looks like it is in good working condition. It may have the tungsten weights also but not sure.
Text Jerry for pics or more info
812-718-9283.

Back