clutch questions input needed

wogoman51

I'm trying to figure out what clutch I need have a Kohler vtwin pushing 50 horse I'm trying to figure out what clutch to use its a one inch shaft motor too. Can't use a jackshaft either

The Bully Turbo clutch is pretty much your only option if you are wanting to run a disk clutch. Maybe Jammer does? There a couple of different shoe clutches that I have seen that were a 1 inch bore but they wouldn't put as much power to the ground IMO.

Call bob at Jammer. Vastly superior to Bully IMO. Jammer Eagle is the 1 inch.
Jammer Clutches contact info: Jammer Clutches
375 Stonybrook Rd.
King Of Prussia, Pa.19406
Phone: (610) 685-9898
Fax: (610) 685-9899
Cell: (610) 227-5408

Email- BDEMS@aol.com

The eagle is expensive

Yes it is. No more so than the Bully. The only other 1inch disk I know of is the Horstman redhawk. Ive tried for years to get replacement disks and parts from Horstman. Never got a thing, only excuses. Finally sold them all. If you happen upon one, use it. They were good clutches. Give Horstman a call and see if they have one on the shelf. Might get lucky. Only other option I know of is a shoe clutch. 3 options from Noram. Starr, Enforcer and Mini-cup. About $150 for a Starr, $175 for a Minicup, about $200 for an Enforcer. You can try Midwest Super Cub. They specialize in Kohlers and stuff for lawnmower racers and garden tractor pullers. Maybe Lakota racing or Vogel Manufacturing might have some info. Good Luck.

Ya I got most my parts from them guys we built these motors cause we was derbying lawnmowers and now they changed all the rules we can't no more lol so we are building racers. Plus are race gokarts

Back