Clutch questions

FBIracing

Ok so I have just started back racing after 32 years and I need a little help with the clutches. I currently have a box stock predator with a stinger clutch stock springs. My question is what is the signs of have the wrong rpm engagement springs in. I am thinking i need lighter springs

Ok so I have just started back racing after 32 years and I need a little help with the clutches. I currently have a box stock predator with a stinger clutch stock springs. My question is what is the signs of have the wrong rpm engagement springs in. I am thinking i need lighter springs
You always want the clutch to engage at peak torque RPM. For instance, from a dead start, you mash the petal, you're holding the break, whatever the clutch reads, at that point, you want that point to be at peak torque.
You can test that idea by putting the bathroom scale between the front of the kart and a strong wall. Putting stronger, or weaker Springs will most likely change the scale readings, you want the highest reading possible.

FB,

Do you have this info already?

stinger.jpg

You always want the clutch to engage at peak torque RPM. For instance, from a dead start, you mash the petal, you're holding the break, whatever the clutch reads, at that point, you want that point to be at peak torque.
You can test that idea by putting the bathroom scale between the front of the kart and a strong wall. Putting stronger, or weaker Springs will most likely change the scale readings, you want the highest reading possible.
This may be a dumb question but do i need to be in tbe kart ?

Back