Clutch selection

eracin01

Just wondering what or if there is an advantage to running a disk style clutch over shoe type. All of our local classes require shoe type clutch. We are going to the Maxxis Nationals and the World 100 and their rules are open clutch. Just want to keep up with the Jones's. We run Jr 1. Thanks!

Better faster lockup faster on restarts and quicker adjustability . I am a Factory Dealer for www.jammerclutches.net

If I can help you with a new clutch set up for you please feel free to call 618-797-8896 or pm me here onBobs

Thanks mike lavite N.D.#72

The main advantages are the disk clutch can be set for a higher stall speed, it takes the heat much better and it stays locked harder at top end. Disadvantages it's heavier and cost allot more. In Jr1 if you're getting the stall speed you want I wouldn't buy an expensive clutch just for one race unless I had your money.

Sundog

Actually, some shoe clutches are every bit as adjustable as a disc clutch and they disperse the heat very well, still hit just as hard on the 10th restart as they do on the first one, and are just as good quality. I'm talking about the Hilliard Flame and Blaze clutches, with a bully conversion drum. I run one in AKRA clone and I can consistently run up front on any given night pretty much.

Want to thank everyone for their comments and advice. Seems to be the consensus that the disk is the better choice if given the option. We currently run the Hilliard Flame with Bully conversion. Thanks Mike for your offer and advice, unfortunately, it made more sense for me to go with a Bully since I already have the drivers. Brian Carlson, it was awesome talking with you and your wife, Sarah, really appreciate the help and knowledge you gave. It is a pleasure to deal with you guys. People like Mike and the Carlsons help make kart racing enjoyable for us newbies, lol. Thanks again everyone!

Back