Clutch Setup

Ragnar

I have a Fury drum clutch. The max torque on my son's red plate clone is at 2900 rpm. Our idle speed is around 27-2800 rpm. The starting speed of his races is usually 3500-4000 rpm. Racing on a 1/4 mile track and never lifting off the gas.

What springs should I use? Currently run 4 blacks which supposedly start to engage at 3400 rpm. 2 black & 2 white start to engage at 2900 rpm.

Both my son's run a fury on 1/5th mile. In red plate and green plate they ran 2 white and 2 black. That seemed to be the best combo. My oldest now runs 4 black with purple plate.

I would put 4 black springs in the fury for your son if he is starting at 3500-4000, that should make him a little faster on the starts. If he isnt as fast on the starts i would stick to 2 white and 2 black. Look into the Flame clutch if you want something that is a little more easy to tune to a finer rpm range, the flame has a weight kit you can get that really helps you tune the engagement to 100-200rpm differences rather than 400-500 rpm like with the fury.

Back