Clutch type for pro clone class

I think you'll find the performance of a disc clutch to be an advantage over drum clutches.

Hard to beat a Bully for quality. They hold their resale very well also.
We offer fresh 2-disc Bully clutches for $200 while some of the other brands sell cheaper than that brand new.
Still I have a standing order for rebuilt Bully clutches here all the time.
Not knocking the other brands, but Bully is certainly the most popular.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
27 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

The SMC Vortex Red is a great clutch for Pro clones!! Best of all anyone can rebuild them! Not one problem with the red and works like it should!!!

What about a stinger clutch? Given its not a bully but cost a lot less. Im in the same boat trying to pick a clutch. Can't say I want to spend the amount a bully cost.... I'm trying to find something good but at a good price also.

There are a few used SMC clutches on the forum for sale for cheap. As mentioned above they are great quality clutches and much simpler to adjust and rebuild. The black vortex can use bully style sprockets, the red uses SMC's own design sprockets.

What about a stinger clutch? Given its not a bully but cost a lot less. Im in the same boat trying to pick a clutch. Can't say I want to spend the amount a bully cost.... I'm trying to find something good but at a good price also.

See post #4.
If you are just looking for durable longevity and not all out performance, consider a drum clutch like the Noram GE. Very inexpensive and will last forever with minimal maintenance. For competitive racing when disc clutches are legal, I think you would do better to save your money and get a good disc clutch in the future.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
27 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back