clutch

If you are running a clone or 206 and the rules are drum clutch only then Hilliard Fire or Flame. If rules are for open clutch then Bully 2 disc.

doesn't matter at all if its set up right. I stay away from disk clutches as they cost too much, need too much maintenance(around $95 or so a year) and have lost many races due to being burnt out. I recommend a Hillard with a bully drum. set it up, grease the bearings and go race. If I had an action camera I could show you tons of footage of my kart leaving karts with poorly set up bully's in the dust. the clutch doesn't win oval races

Hard to beat a properly setup Bully 2 Disc
same can be said about any "properly set up" clutch, disk or shoe. disk clutches cost more, cost more to maintain, require more maintenance and have a much higher fail rate than a shoe clutch. I admit they look cool but i would rather put my money in tires.

same can be said about any "properly set up" clutch, disk or shoe. disk clutches cost more, cost more to maintain, require more maintenance and have a much higher fail rate than a shoe clutch. I admit they look cool but i would rather put my money in tires.

Correct, any properly setup clutch will perform.

As far as disc clutches requiring more maintenance and having a higher fail rate, id disagree in that department, but to each their own.

i did absolutely nothing to two regular noram clutches for two years except grease the bearings from time to time. never failed me ever got it red hot several times too. never adjust a gap never put a new friction or drive disk in it ever same shoes same springs 3 years of racing on one clutch would pass many a horstman disk clutch nearly every race.

i did absolutely nothing to two regular noram clutches for two years except grease the bearings from time to time. never failed me ever got it red hot several times too. never adjust a gap never put a new friction or drive disk in it ever same shoes same springs 3 years of racing on one clutch would pass many a horstman disk clutch nearly every race.
We ran against someone running a noram , we used a mdc .
It was tit for tat who won or outran the other .
When we went series racing never saw a noram .

the bully driver killed the Noram for me. The cost of the drum vs driver is a no brainer plus you can find the bully style driver at the track 80% of the time. I run a Hillard Flame with the bully conversion. They are lighter than the stinger and more adjustable than others like the max torque. Don't have time or money for a clutch that's used for less than 2% of a race + mine is set up better than most

Hard to beat a Bully clutch for performance.
As said above, ANY properly set-up clutch will perform sufficiently. There's a reason you don't see anyone running drum clutches at the most competitive levels of kart racing though.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back