Cobra racing tire

I ran in an absolute dust bowl this weekend. Started the heats at 8.5 and 7.5 was a bit loose but still drivable settled in on 7 all around for the feature with 1 wipe Carlsons monster bite. The cobras hooked up and did their thing. Started 4th made it to 2nd for most of the race got caught up in a mess and sent to the back and still took 2nd. I’m digging these cobras! They work on lower air as well I now found out.

What air pressures has everyone been running? We had a bumpy track and I feel like I ran too low of air pressure because of this. Stock adult class I ran 5.5 right and 5 left, had plenty of grip when it wasn't traveling over the bumps.

I ran 7 right and 6 left a few weeks ago, but I had other issues so I can't really say how I felt that it worked. It didn't feel like an issue with the tires though.

What air pressures has everyone been running? We had a bumpy track and I feel like I ran too low of air pressure because of this. Stock adult class I ran 5.5 right and 5 left, had plenty of grip when it wasn't traveling over the bumps.

I ran 7 right and 6 left a few weeks ago, but I had other issues so I can't really say how I felt that it worked. It didn't feel like an issue with the tires though.

Pops90 What we have been seeing is most people are able to run .5 to 1 psi more in the Cobra Tires than the Maxxis. This is a big reason for the straight away speed that has helped many people win on the Cobras. Thank you for the feedback. Chester Hester Cobra Tires

I race at a track where blacksand is my go to prep. I have yet to try it on my cobras or use internal. I have however used rough cut diamond on them to add bite. To me diamond is in the same family I may be wrong but try it as a prw and a conditioner through the week. It works great.

50A108D6-FC06-436C-ABDF-5B15727ED9F4.jpeg

Brand new set getting work this Sunday! 220 crosshatch and they checked in a 60/62 Duro. Almost too good to be true. Gonna try and park her today. Cobras TTF!

I’ve been runnning them on pavement and am having trouble keeping the right sides from growing. Running 10 and 11 air. The right rear is growing as much as 1/4 inch or more over a 15-20 lap run

Last edited:
Yep, they are a little heat sensitive and size sensitive. I left 10psi in a left rear overnight to grow it 1/4 or so and I almost gained 3/4. I had to pop it in the freezer. I don’t play on pavement so I’m not sure if an internal could help stave off that heat... I know nitrogen in the tire will

Back