Cobra racing tire

Speed vs Maxxis

And if you still need a trailer full of them nothing has been gained.

If it is open tire rule why would you run them?

Does this lead to GKK being a Cobra tire only track?

Interesting
I think you’ll see GKK being open tire for a period of time, then switching over to a Cobra only track somewhere down the road.

I Ran the older ones. I got them very cheap and gave them a try ($20ea). They worked awesome, and they prep easy. They were thin and didn't last but were good for me. They did go 2 or 3 events and I am pretty hard on my tires. I run a heavy UAS kart with pretty good power and regularly spin them on exit. I usually run Vegas and Hoosiers punching 50 ish and prepped these exactly like I do all my tires. If thicker I think they would last just as well as the other brand tires. Also, they only had right sides available. I used 3 8.00 Cobras and a 4.50 Vega on the left front. Just my .02 -Phiddy

People bash these tires because they are made overseas, I believe maxxis are also.
I for haven't ran maxxis for a few years now, have gone to Burris. Im getting 2 sets of cobras this weekend, at 139$ a set Im all in.
I GKK, runs them, also warrior creek and possum kingdom allows them.
To me maxxis is like the government, they tell you that they're the only game in town, and nothing else will work. I just don't believe them.

I want to like these tires. I want to want to buy them & run them...but until I can get some reliable proof that they are fast & last I'm sticking to what I have.

at the price point i dont see how you can go wrong. Try them, find what conditions they tend to like and run them. I've seen posted they are thin and alot like maxxis but also a little softer.

I want to know ?
Which tire is Fast and Lasts ?

NONE! The few comments I've seen from people who have tried them say Cobras aren't as fast as Maxxis on dirt or Vegas on asphalt and they don't last as long. I'm running asphalt vice dirt, so I may be lookng at this from a different perspective. Who wouldn't want the cheapest to be the fastest? But...most times you'd be foolish to expect that to be the case.

The Cobras are doing VERY well down here in the south. I'm seeing wins all over the SE at some big tracks with them. We just bought a set. Going see what they do on a Jr2 kart here soon.

I mounted mine up this weekend and I must say it’s the easiest set of tires I have ever mounted. Rolled on the rim very easy and with very little lube and air they literally just slid out to the bead. Not pop or bang no tire jumping all over the garage... that was a big plus. With that said.... after mounting in band set to my sizing I only had 3/4” of stagger in my rear tires. Here’s where things went wrong. Heated LR and placed it in the freezer to shrink it up (which did shrink a 1/4” in a day) and put 40 psi in RS tires to grow them a bit...... they grew a lot. BE CAREFUL WHEN SIZING THEY ARE VERY AIR PRESSURE SENSITIVE when it comes to over airing to size. Ground up nice, took prep nice and well try them out Sunday. Just passing that on.

I mounted mine up this weekend and I must say it’s the easiest set of tires I have ever mounted. Rolled on the rim very easy and with very little lube and air they literally just slid out to the bead. Not pop or bang no tire jumping all over the garage... that was a big plus. With that said.... after mounting in band set to my sizing I only had 3/4” of stagger in my rear tires. Here’s where things went wrong. Heated LR and placed it in the freezer to shrink it up (which did shrink a 1/4” in a day) and put 40 psi in RS tires to grow them a bit...... they grew a lot. BE CAREFUL WHEN SIZING THEY ARE VERY AIR PRESSURE SENSITIVE when it comes to over airing to size. Ground up nice, took prep nice and well try them out Sunday. Just passing that on.
Without doing any stagger work, to my standard air pressures I had a 1 1/16" at the back and 1 1/2" up front. Both right sides were dead on 34" roll out.

Going on bead easily isnt a good thing, they have been known to come off easily as well.

Ran mine pavement high psi good stagger, rookie mistake and I know better left big psi stagger is tweaked now some. I always pull valve cores over the week. These sat like 3 weeks high psi. Rookie mistake I know better !

Ran my cobras just for a hot lap session to get them scrubbed in. Without prep, duro around 52-55, on a dusty track, they seemed ok. Im excited to get them prepped up.

Ran my cobras just for a hot lap session to get them scrubbed in. Without prep, duro around 52-55, on a dusty track, they seemed ok. Im excited to get them prepped up.

I got 75 laps pavement on em plus 25 or so dirt still have centerline.

Very excited to learn about the tire more

I got 75 laps pavement on em plus 25 or so dirt still have centerline.

Very excited to learn about the tire more
I think Ive got 5 laps on mine. They seem like they are going to prep nice. At my local track Saturday Predator heavy was won with cobras, I think 2 of the 3 clone classes were won with cobras.

Everybody still has maxxis with them, but a lot of people are on cobras.

Back