Cobra Racing tires

Rylee Campbell

So I’ve been racing for 6 years now and just recently started looking into this website. I keep seeing where people are talking about “flipping their tires.” As in flipping are they talking about completely dismounting the tire and switching which side is facing the outside?

And if anyone would like to help me out with any useful knowledge about Cobra tires as in what’s a good average duro or anything that I may need to keep in mind.

thank you!

So I’ve been racing for 6 years now and just recently started looking into this website. I keep seeing where people are talking about “flipping their tires.” As in flipping are they talking about completely dismounting the tire and switching which side is facing the outside?

And if anyone would like to help me out with any useful knowledge about Cobra tires as in what’s a good average duro or anything that I may need to keep in mind.

thank you!
Yes when thy say flip them on the wheel, dismount from wheel and put inside edge to the outside.

a lot of it will come down to what class and weight you run at , what tracks you race and what is the track material make up and how does it stay during the race day or night. what prep brand do you use so we can figure out what correlates with our preps. there are a bunch of guys on here myself included that run cobras and have pretty good luck with them.

Most of the time I run on a hard track for a heat race then come around for a moisture filled track with a little bit of dust for the feature. The track isn’t very big but is fast. The tires will be tried to run more on a mod/small block open kart. I was thinking about trying to keep an average duro of 40-45 if that sounds like a normal amount for them. And do you guys know if I am supposed to prep like I normally would to drop duro on a new tire or do I reduce the amount of times I prep?

i have found mine to drop duro really quick and they don’t seem to spring back very fast at all they tend to stay soft. I run on dry dusty slick tracks that are of sandy craw dad dirt makeup and found black sand to drop the duro pretty quick in them. I like them in the mid to high 50s for our track. So I usually just sand them with 180 or 220 and use rough cut diamond at the track and orange from trac tac. They worked really well in the heat of summer and early fall but I couldn’t get much out of them in the cool late fall. I ran them as high as 8-9 psi and as low at 4-5.

Out of the wrapper fast, we won quite a few races at Speedway park here in Florida on them with nothing more than a few wipes of black sand and HLII. I have one set left that I'm going to mount up and play with a little more prep and see what they do.

Back