Cobra Tire Modifications on Dirt

I've beaten the cobras with old Burris tires. The people selling them will tell you they are good. the people selling the other brand will tell you they are junk. if a national level driver showed up with a set of cobras they he/she figured out against a field of Maxxis sat night racers i would put my money on the national level driver.

Funny how people see things differently in the same sport.
If a monkey showed up to a Saturday night cobra track with a set of maxxis prepared by the best tire guy there, I'd put my money on the monkey !!

If a monkey showed up to a Saturday night cobra track with a set of maxxis prepared by the best tire guy there, I'd put my money on the monkey !!
so your claim is that you would take a driver with little to no experience who every weekend was a back runner give him some good tires and he beats Nall or Chavous. any day you wanna make that bet i'll empty my savings account and mortgage my house

I've beaten the cobras with old Burris tires. The people selling them will tell you they are good. the people selling the other brand will tell you they are junk. if a national level driver showed up with a set of cobras they he/she figured out against a field of Maxxis sat night racers i would put my money on the national level driver.
Funny no where in here do I see the Saturday night back runner, nor with little to no experience, in fact I don't even see any individual, I see running against the entire field.

Your now twisting and adding details to your statement .
how so? Chavous and Nall are they not national level drivers? you want to put a national level driver on set of, worked up prepped up, cobra tires up against an animal that dosen't know how to drive??? really?. Every body makes the claim tires tires tires but by your statement claim that you can be off on the engine, gearing, set up, racing line and years of experience. and a good set of tires will beat all of that? In your dreams.

to clarify i believe if you went to a big money race and took the winners tires and switched them with the last places tires and re run the race you would not see the last pace driver win the race. the winner might not win the second time around but he ain't gonna come in last place either.

to clarify i believe if you went to a big money race and took the winners tires and switched them with the last places tires and re run the race you would not see the last pace driver win the race. the winner might not win the second time around but he ain't gonna come in last place either.
I believe you are wrong. Tires are the game. Everything else is all the same.

The last place guy, on the tires of the first place guy, the last place guy wins. Again this is for the national touring guys.

Now for your Saturday night special, might be different.

Ok in a feild of 20 karts second place had the wrong tires yet still beat 18 other karts I have also heard of karts in 5th place setting the fastest lap yet don't win.
best tires worst chain

how so? Chavous and Nall are they not national level drivers? you want to put a national level driver on set of, worked up prepped up, cobra tires up against an animal that dosen't know how to drive??? really?. Every body makes the claim tires tires tires but by your statement claim that you can be off on the engine, gearing, set up, racing line and years of experience. and a good set of tires will beat all of that? In your dreams.
Since I'm an advocate for the local Friday and Saturday night racer, in stead of taking offense to your statement, I choose to add some humor and exaggeration, you just didn't pick up on it.

so your claim is that you would take a driver with little to no experience who every weekend was a back runner give him some good tires and he beats Nall or Chavous. any day you wanna make that bet i'll empty my savings account and mortgage my house
Since your not grasping my point I'll rephrase it more to your point, what I'm telling you is if either guy you mention would race on a set of cobras, come off the track bolt on there prepared Maxxis and immediately go back out they would be much faster with there Maxxis.

Since I'm an advocate for the local Friday and Saturday night racer, in stead of taking offense to your statement, I choose to add some humor and exaggeration, you just didn't pick up on it.
i get your humor, and i am a Saturday night racer. I would happily enter a race with Chavous or Nall or any other national level driver and have so several times in the 90s. I will help anyone i can but if a person is off on everything but tires they ain't gonna win no matter who they are. I think your 'intro into racing' thread is the single greatest thread on all of bobs. but making statements that tires are everything is more discouraging than encouraging especially when they pose to be endless tail chasing blame game not to mention a complete money pit

to me... here^^^
do you think that predator racer we've been helping with gearing is going to improve with tires without fixing his gearing issue?

to me... here^^^
do you think that predator racer we've been helping with gearing is going to improve with tires without fixing his gearing issue?
Again I don't see the words tires are EVERYTHING, and I just said I was adding humor and exaggeration and you didn't pick up on it. Read my post #34 I think you'll get it.

you can't beat the maxis if its the tire rule GKK where the cobra is being sold has separate cobra classes.
Fair enough, just like cant say cobra works over say Burris & Maxxis when they are the spec tire which we find a lot.

I say good for Chester to use his tire, spec tires are everywhere else.

Good for the other guys, good enough for him.

Just go look at Race Monitor where Maxxis and Cobra have been used at Carnesville, and you will see the difference. Same day, same guys.
Evidence is out there, all you have to do is find it.

Back