Cobra tires

I have a set I bought a couple years ago that have hundreds if not thousands of trailer miles on them. Just never have been in a situation where Burris or Vegas weren't working. That said, we went to an asphalt track race and bolted them on and they were really good. Might have a night sometime where we missed with the other tires and bolt them on because we have nothing to lose.

Even tho they seem like throw away tires, has anyone had any luck with them being fast? Particularly against burris? We can run Burris or Cobras as the tire rule, trying to get some more info. Not afraid to prep them aggressively

Even tho they seem like throw away tires, has anyone had any luck with them being fast? Particularly against burris? We can run Burris or Cobras as the tire rule, trying to get some more info. Not afraid to prep them aggressively
are you talking about Godspeed?

The cobra is fast once and can get overloaded with prep. i hear they are not fast for very long and are hard to keep sized. and if you try to internal roll them, they turn to goo. don't know any truth to it but that's my understanding. The only race i was in against a cobra was a predator race at Ashway and we smoked them pretty bad.

Me personally i think this was a HUGE mistake and we as a group of east TN karters will need to get together and make a collected effort as to what we want to race.
If the usual fast racers whip the cobras on a regular basis the cobra will last this year and be done. if the Cobra starts to win people are going to switch. i personally don't want multiple sets of 2 brands of tires

The question i have is why Cobra over Reaper? i have seen big $$$ race after race with the reaper tire and nothing from the Cobra. At least if i gain knowledge with the reaper i can travel i don't see any track using the cobra other than Ashway, Godspeed and GKK on select nights.

none of the tire guys are going to be for anything but the Burris i guarantee you that. they will tell you that tire sucks stay away etc.

Why cobar not reapers at ashway they are going to try some reaper so godspeed is doing something different. They simply will not work together.the tracks. The reaper man is putting some money up . As us big motor guys know. Reaper is putting on the biggest money show. In history for uas and open. Also he is putting money in the 2 cycle class at ashway and I like some of the events reaper is putting on . looks to me like reaper is trying to put on good shows with good payout with his tires. As for Cobra ashway tried them. They where not as fast as Burris. On my 450 I would buckle the side wall. They would be junk in 5 laps. I didn't prep them much. I think I still have 2 new sets. They where not to bad at Kingsport on a predator.

FB_IMG_1707347328844.jpg

I would stick with Maxxis if I could because they work at most tracks. All these different tires for different tracks are gonna kill karting, believe me. Most drivers can't afford different tires for different local tracks in same area of the country.

Back