Cold Fuel

I tried cold fuel in a drag bike. Even going as far as putting it on dry ice. I never saw a real difference. I think the biggest issue is that the cold fuel doesn't vaporize as well as warmer fuel.

It has been many decades ago, but I tested cold fuel at the 1979 Enduro Nationals in the stock appearing class (middle of summer, hot), and I found no difference in performance between chilled fuel and ambient temp fuel (probably close to 100F at that race).

The *only* difference I found was that with the cold fuel, I had to start the race tuned a touch leaner, and then slowly open the jet a bit at a time over the first 5 or 10 minutes of the race (to end back up at the "normal" setting). I assume that's about how long it took for the fuel to be back up to ambient temperature.

PM

There is a girl at the track I race at and she has a white suit with a little bit of purple on it but it always looks clean.
Girls can stay cleaner than boys, They don't built the karts or engines. And besides Girls just are cleaner than the average boy.
And God know that women are a lot cleaner than us men.
Just look in the house, and then look in the garage!

Back