Comp GPOHV-1 Cam

racir23

Has anyone run this cam. I find it interesting and see that Comp recomends #10.5 valve springs verses Dyno An002 used a #19.0 spring. Anyone done any dyno comparisons, what were the results? Any input will be appreciated.

I have a brand new on i'll give you a great deal on.

Very similar to the AN001 cam on the dyno. But make sure you profile it and check it good because they are very close on the profile limits. I like to use the stiffer springs with it.

Is this the cam that the .050" IN lift check would not pass?
I remember calling Comp shortly after they released their cam for the animal (8-9 years ago maybe) and let them know that even their advertised cam profile did not meet WKA specs on one low lift point of the intake. That cam made real good power but wouldn't pass tech. Not sure if it was their -1 cam or another.
Either way, degree whatever cam you run to be certain that it passes before taking it to the track.

--
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com

Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry

765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Some of the first cams that came out were that way. The second shipment of cams they made that issue was corrected. The profile is still very close in some blocks so it needs to be looked at and verified that it's good.

I like most everything that Comp cams has except their Animal Kart cams.
If i had to bet on one of them being legal in a Briggs i'm afraid i'd have to bet no.

Back