Completely stock Hemi problems

DynoDon

I was trying to help a guy at the track last night with his engine. Four to five laps into the race the engine would start missing and shut down. What are you guys seeing. Stock out of the box and no adjustments other than turning the engine up to 5500. I vented the fuel cap still have the problem. I pulled the Jet and drilled at 030. Still have the problem.

Stupid question, but did you drill a least a 1/4 inch hole all the way through the cap and the metal? Have seen a couple of coils that were flakey at high rpm, but that is about it.

The owner drilled a hole in the cap but when I looked at it did not see it was drilled clear through. I did pulse the hole with my mouth and I it was breathing but I'm not sure if the hole should go clear through and make a difference or not. Funny thing is there was another guy there with the exact same Hemi having no problems with his cap not drilled

Had the same problem, would run for about 5-6 laps then shut off. Had a hole 1/8” drilled in gas cap but didn’t go through all the way. Finished drilling through the metal under cap, and motor ran with no more issues.

I can also remove the ball from the cent tube it acts as check valve. It's hard to take the vent out but it possible then cut out the cent and remove the ball

I told the karter I thought it was the coil also. There was another 212 Hemi there racing with him and he had no problems.

There was a discussion on the Animal section about too hot a plug causing it to shut down. Not sure if clone or predators have this problem on gas, but a thought.

had the same issue my first night ever racing these engines this past weekend after only 4 laps. drilled a hole in the cap and also zip tied the breather line for the fuel tank. problem was solved.

kill switch. ..got a brand new motor.. did all the usual stuff to it.. same issue get down the road.. get a little bumpy and it would cut out and on and out ... stay out.. flip the switch a couple of times... bang... stayed running... replaced the switch.. no more issues.

Back