Congrats Ted Hamilton

rainman

Congrats Ted on your 1st Daytona run. Not only you finally showed to a race but your laptimes were really good for being the 1st time and similar to many in your class. The tp ones were finally on 2min 30s as I told you they should be but you can get there. That also proves you do not need a new chassis to run enduro and also proves some old chassis are as fast as many of the new fancy looking ones overcomplicated with too many options. Good job, Ted. Hope you keep showing to races and we can race together at Roebling Road.

Ted great run this must be a dream lol. Sorry I didn't get a chance and stop by you really surprised me by showing up.lol. Hope to see ya at Savannah later Chuck

Thanks, @rainman , and all! I had a BLAST, and am very much looking forward to Roebling, Mid-Ohio, and Pitt Race. I'll do some Go-Pro rounds in sprint when they're convenient too. @rainman -- Let me know when you're doing a test day at CMP and I'll try to come down. Here's some proof that I do actually occasionally race (LOL!): (#276, releasing a bit too much from the bumpdraft by the flagger...)
1641393602131.png

Photo credit: Jennifer Henry @ FadeToBlack Photography.
This is on the motorcycle horseshoe, infield section, leading to the kink.
1641393792989.png

I had plenty of pics from her. She does a great job. Looks like you are really seating in the middle of the kart. It should improve if you move back. Other than UAs and enduro road racing with my laydown I plan to race as many races as I can in the 100cc class at Ashway Speedway, TN. Any rime left will be for practice with the Wankel and my other Tony with the rotary Ital at CMP and Go Pro. I also need to find out a way to get the 250cc Rotax ready for dirt too. If you race any round at Go Pro I'll be glad and help you if I am free.

@Komet99 - air cooled 100cc, 1st race on Wed / 7th on Thu. I was crewing for a guy in TaG heavy that was 12th on Wed, DNF on Thu due to clutch -- Daniel Berry. Our team was champs in TaG heavy last year -- Jarrett Bank and Robin Bank. I'm sticking with the KA100. :) Hope you had a good time and a good run!

I had the time of my life!!! I drove John Brown's TaG. He won the IAME Sprint class and I didnt do so well in the TaG Heavy. Spun it in the right hand after the kink and lost the pack. First race there and I finished it. Apparrently thats a big deal!!

I spun in the 1st real turn of the infield once, and spun to avoid a wreck in the first race. Luckily the red flag negated that loss... Still had a great time. Congrats, and hopefully see you at Roebling.

Lol your braver than me.i dont think daytona would be my choice of a comeback race.
As they say, "Go BIG or go home..." LOL I figured it was a chance to make a lifetime memory and if I treated it like a learning experience instead of a true race, I'd position myself better for next year. All things considered, it wasn't scarier than a typical sprint race.....except for the one time I dipped a tire on the paint and started fishtailing at 90 mph with concrete on the outside. That got my attention, but all's well that ends well. There's a lot of empty track at 2.5 mi. long...

As they say, "Go BIG or go home..." LOL I figured it was a chance to make a lifetime memory and if I treated it like a learning experience instead of a true race, I'd position myself better for next year. All things considered, it wasn't scarier than a typical sprint race.....except for the one time I dipped a tire on the paint and started fishtailing at 90 mph with concrete on the outside. That got my attention, but all's well that ends well. There's a lot of empty track at 2.5 mi. long...
Yeah true.my buddy ran a street stock car at kentucky speedway he said it was boring and like driving down bypass

Back