"Consensus"

Chipg56

Have you ever wonder how commonly accepted theories just couldn't possibly be true? For instance: Everybody "knows", there is a "consensus", that 2nd hand smoke is far worse then first hand smoke. Remember that the smoker is exposed to both first hand and second hand smoke. If we accept as absolute fact that 2nd hand is worse then exposure of first hand and second hand combined, logically, we must conclude that smoking has positive health benefits!. So if you are subject to 2nd hand smoke please start smoking immediately. Oh by the way for those that think I must be nuts, this is satire. If you want to think I am nuts anyway, that is certainly your right.

I agree with sundog...smoking is bad no matter how you get it....first or second hand.
Of course, trying to quit myself. Doing pretty good, 40 years, 4 months and 12 days ago since my last cig. Just in an odd way pointing out that consensus is not science. A few hundred years ago the consensus was a flat planet.

Of course, trying to quit myself. Doing pretty good, 40 years, 4 months and 12 days ago since my last cig. Just in an odd way pointing out that consensus is not science. A few hundred years ago the consensus was a flat planet.
Let's see, when was it, the moment I had my last cigarette? I remember, October 28, 1981, midnight. Seems like you got me beat by about a year, congratulations. Like you, I'm one cigarette away from starting up again. I think that's what you're trying to say. lol

Everybody knows you have to match stagger to the radius of the turn.
Everybody knows a gear ratio is a gear ratio.
Everybody knows your clutch must engage exactly at Peak Torque.
Everybody knows the most important thing taking a turn is the apex.
Everybody knows entry determines how well you do on exit.
Everybody knows with stagger you will scuff off speed on the straights.

I'm going to say "consensus" relates to probability not outcome. ????????????
I'm also going to say being fast racing is about being able to use not only probability but what's beyond probability. ????????????

Thanks right or wrong that was fun to thunk about and write.
Somehow I knew you would respond to this somewhat abstract post.

Let's see, when was it, the moment I had my last cigarette? I remember, October 28, 1981, midnight. Seems like you got me beat by about a year, congratulations. Like you, I'm one cigarette away from starting up again. I think that's what you're trying to say. lol
Yup, damned if I pay $.60 per pack. June 6, 1980. Same day I bought my first Harley. Same date, a few years later, birth of my first child.

Back