Convert a euro kart axel to 1-1/4 axel

I did it back when the euro's were just a little under 1" , I changed to 1" had to re bore and ream euro hubs, rotor carrier and sprocket carrier to fit 1" stuff, sometimes bearing O.D.'s will fit std. blocks, sometimes they will need to be replaced too.

First thing you need to look at is, how do the bearing carriers bolt on? IF they are of the 3 equal spaced type its relatively easy, just change all the stuff. Where you can run into trouble is the brakes. IF you have a wider euro style rotor, finding a rotor that is the same diameter and thickness with a standard 1 1/4 brake carrier.

Now if you are wanting to change the hubs to run American bolt pattern wheels, that is a hub change. 40mm hubs are readily available, and that would be the only thing needed to change to run the different bolt pattern wheels.

What type of European set up are you wanting to change from?

First thing you need to look at is, how do the bearing carriers bolt on? IF they are of the 3 equal spaced type its relatively easy, just change all the stuff. Where you can run into trouble is the brakes. IF you have a wider euro style rotor, finding a rotor that is the same diameter and thickness with a standard 1 1/4 brake carrier.

Now if you are wanting to change the hubs to run American bolt pattern wheels, that is a hub change. 40mm hubs are readily available, and that would be the only thing needed to change to run the different bolt pattern wheels.

What type of European set up are you wanting to change from?

Barry, I have a victory kart which has MCP brake setup. I am wondering if it might just be easier and cheaper to purchase a standard kart rather then swap the rear end.

Out of curiosity... Why are you going that direction? Are you looking for more rear grip? Looking to use hubs you already have? If wheels are your concern, you can buy American hubs for 40mm axles.

Out of curiosity... Why are you going that direction? Are you looking for more rear grip? Looking to use hubs you already have? If wheels are your concern, you can buy American hubs for 40mm axles.

I was thinking the same thing. What are you trying to accomplish?

I am considering running at a different track that has a spec class that requires that you run a 1-1/4 axle. It is closer to me, and has bigger fields.

I am considering running at a different track that has a spec class that requires that you run a 1-1/4 axle. It is closer to me, and has bigger fields.
what size axle is in your kart now? 32MM (1.2598) is very close to 1 1/4, maybe they will change the rules for you. It's not like that difference in size is going to make any difference in performance.

Al, they are not a track that deviates from the rules, everything is Spec including the tires, wheels, axle, and engine which you have to purchase from them. From what I gather they want you to purchase a kart in which they build.

Al, they are not a track that deviates from the rules, everything is Spec including the tires, wheels, axle, and engine which you have to purchase from them. From what I gather they want you to purchase a kart in which they build.

I see your in Erie PA, what track? I'm thinking your asking about either Thompson or Beaver Run? just courious?

If it is just the 1 1/4 axle. If you have a lathe, you could make some spacers to put in a 1 1/4 axle into the 40mm parts. Just a thought?

If it is just the 1 1/4 axle. If you have a lathe, you could make some spacers to put in a 1 1/4 axle into the 40mm parts. Just a thought?

You would also need a mill to cut slots in the spacers. Actually cheaper to buy new parts unless you have all the time in the world like me and AL.

Back