Convert Sudam to 100cc

Actually there was 1 FIA/CIK homogolation that had 8 different Manufacturors that were mentioned, I don't know if they all built an engine for the class, and even if they did, not many of them were ever imported into the U. S. A.

SUD = SOUTH
AM = AMERICA

Indeed, Riomar of Brazil makes excelent Sudam engines and they are cheap, all Sudams share the same internal parts, very little variations exist thoug like rod lengths

there are also some water cooled sudams, they are the best but the most expensive

all sudams are meant for direct drive

Augusto, how about being the importer for the US guys?

Actually I did tought about this some time ago but it requieres a lot of money and a partner in the USA, I'm sure they will sell because they are quality engines on par with the Parillas.

as for the translation, sorry Portuguese is different from Spanish, though some words are the same but if you navigate with google's chrome there's instant translation available

I you are talking about a Brazilian web I can help. I used to speak Portuguese. Even had a great Portuguese girlfriend, lol. Any issue you might have with French, Portuguese, Spanish or Italian I can help, amigos. Any engine issue I am sure most of you will be better at that than me, lol.

you need to set your language preferences to instant translation, there's a choice of what languages you want to translate or ignore, it has helped me a lot when I find info un russian, japanese or other strange languages

Kinda off topic, but anyway...

The problem with kartmini's site is that a language hasn't been specified the HTML code. This is how "automatic" lanugage detection and translation works. It's not practical for your browser to "read" the entire page to figure out the language, they look for what is specified in the HTML code.
I just looked at the source of the site and it says "HTML lang=no".
It should be "HTML Lang=pt-BR"

Instant translation just means Chrome won't prompt you first. This only works if a language is specified in the site's HTML code. If chrome doesn't detect the language then nothing happens either way.

Back on topic. Converting a 125cc sudam to 100cc is a sin!

I agree with everyone who says to not waste time & money changing a big engine to a small engine.
Sure, there are ways to do it, such as using an old, obsolete Parilla jug, with less than ideal porting,
or making a sleeve with a smaller bore.
What no one has mentioned, is that the crank is balanced for a much heavier piston, so that would take even more work.

And to sidetrack some more........I use this page for translating: http://www.bing.com/translator

Just cut & paste sections of text into it, and it auto-detects the source language.

Back